Track Date Not Coming In Properly

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jsblume

Track Date Not Coming In Properly

Post by jsblume »

I have several CD's that are greatest hits collections. After converting them to flac using Exact Audio Copy, I edit the file properties to change the album, track number, and track date to the album the song originally came from. I do this because I want to store the files using the following structure: Music\Artist\Album. I haven't seen anything in MediaMonkey that will auto-organized the songs based on Artist and Album name. A quirk of mine.

When I open the flac file in MediaMonkey, the album and track number are correct, but the track year is changed back to the year of the greatest hits CD.

I'm using Windows 10 Home Edition and MediaMonkey 4.1.24.1883.

It doesn't appear that I can add attachments. The Properties dialog box has four tabs. I select the "Details" tab. There is a section on this tab called "Media." In that section are two date fields: Year and Date Released. Exact Audio Copy stores the year in both fields. I do not see any field in any other section to change the year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Peke

Re: Track Date Not Coming In Properly

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you make Screenshots in EAC and in MMW details windows so that I can compare in more details?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Re: Track Date Not Coming In Properly

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Auto-Organize Files as well as the CD Ripping tool can store the files as you wish using Masks: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... ormats/4.0

Generally in MediaMonkey Date is used for when the Album (compilation) was released whereas Original Date is used for when the Track itself was released.

What are you using to edit the files after Ripping them with EAC? What tags are used by MediaMonkey for the different fields is mentioned here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... erties/4.0