Set As Next not working??

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

mikehende

Set As Next not working??

Post by mikehende »

Hey guys, I cannot seem to get the hang of this so would appreciate some help please.

First does the Set As Next option only work with Playlists or does it also work with simply selecting a folder of music from the Hard drive?

If it does work when shuffling with continuous playback options from a hard drive's folder, I simply highlight any tune from the current playing folder, right click and Set As next and I see the selected tune below whatever the current playing tune is but it does play the selected tune.
Lowlander

Re: Set As Next not working??

Post by Lowlander »

Play Next will only add a file after the current playing song. If you have Shuffle on it won't play next as Shuffle overrides the order in Now Playing.

You can use Randomize List in the Now Playing instead of Shuffle for a random order. Then Play Next will work as the list will be played in order shown (which is now a random order).
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Thanks but I am not seeing an option to Randomize in the Now Playing pane. I clicked the 2 drop down arrows in the heading above now Playing but not seeing it?

I also have the Shuffle, Continuos Playback and Playlist options on, can leave those on or would they need to be deactivated please?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Right click in Now Playing and select List > Randomize from the Context menu. Shuffle needs to be disabled, Continuous can remain enabled.
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

This is exactly what I had wanted, can't believe it took me this long to find this feature.

So now the Now Playing list becomes the playlist and in the middle Pane I can select whichever hard drive folder of music and search for and Play Next any tune from it without stopping the flow of the Now Playing list, thank you very much for this help!