Broken file conversions in Win10

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

GSV3MiaC

Broken file conversions in Win10

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Since converting to win10 (forced) MM refuses to convert my .mp3 files into .ogg, .wma, or anything else (.wav seems ok) .. I get a 'cant decode format' error message (which is silly, because it decodes and PLAYS the .mp3 fine). If I 'run as administrator', suddenly it works, so maybe MM4 is failing to access the write output codecs (they seem to be there) or maybe the issue is whether it has write access to the output location (my desktop, so you'd expect it to).

Anyone else seen this? Any better solution that 'run as admin' every time??
GSV3MiaC

Re: Broken file conversions in Win10

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Nope, tried changing file permissions on 'tempdir' and thought it worked, but now it does not seem to. Back to running as admin I guess .. anyone got other suggestions?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried reinstalling the latest version: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =8811&sd=d
GSV3MiaC

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Yes, that's the one I just installed. I am trying again running the installer itself as 'run as admin' to see if that helps. Got to be something to do with the temp file locations maybe, or some other permissions things, since running MM4 as admin works fine, running as a user gets all these format conversion failures.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm not sure as there is an error message related to temp dir access problem. However you could try a different temp location.
GSV3MiaC

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Running the installer as admin seems to solve the problem (or maybe just running it again?) .. temp files are in the same place, and now no issue. The error message about being unable to decode the format was definitely most unhelpful.