Lyrics Gone

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

EMB369

Lyrics Gone

Post by EMB369 »

Using MediaMonkey Gold - 4.1.27.1897 have been working on cleaning up my music library and adding to it as needed. Was adding lyrics to a lot of songs yesterday. At one point, it indicated it did not have the rights to display the lyrics for a song. Now the entire lyric function is missing - can't get lyrics for songs, can't display lyrics, nothing. To my knowledge I have no addons or extensions running - just a clean install of MMW.

Thanks for your help!
Peke

Re: Lyrics Gone

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You need to update to latest beta from http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 54426&sd=d as we have improved Lyrics search.

Let us know if that worked for you.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Where can't you display Lyrics in MediaMonkey?
EMB369

Post by EMB369 »

Downloaded 4.1.28.1905 and installed - problem remains.

In the past, I was able to click a link in the Now Playing or Selected area that pulled lyrics and then displayed them over the top of the image from the album. This simply stopped working on Monday (no changes on my part). I've been using MMW for so long I might have had an add-on at one time; however, this machine is only two years old so I doubt that I installed it on this machine.

I'm trying to post image but get an error that I can't post an image, e-mail or url links that are external to this domain (using the IMG tags)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Is any other text info still being displayed? If not, click once in the Art & Details window to toggle info back on, otherwise right click, Choose Fields and make sure Lyrics is still selected.

If neither helps check that Edit > Properties > Lyrics tab displays Lyrics if it doesn't go to Tools > Options > Metadata Lookup and make sure that the option to lookup Lyrics is enabled.
EMB369

Post by EMB369 »

Solved! Thank you greatly.

I right-clicked the box, added file details and they lyrics are back

Thank you again!