What does your username mean?

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

I'll check them out. And yes, Zappa really is something else.

Victor.
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

MoDementia pronounced Moe Dementia as in More Crazy

It usually gets shortened (quite quickly) to just MoD pronounced like ...um, mod, not mode.

I first got a modem in the mid 90s from Melbourne's annual information technology expo. It was the latest super fast 28.8 version made by an Australian company Maestro.
It was a while before I had an ISP so I amused myself on the various Bulletin Board Systems I could find.
Most of the BBSs were interstate so the phone charges during that period were unsustainable.
When I got internet connectivity I hardly ate or slept for the first few months. I just couldn't get enough, and my search techniques were abominable so I spent hours looking for anything specific, this cost me dearly in the first month ($100.00) because I exceeded my download limit.
Many places, Internet Relay Chat (IRC) especially, required a Nickname.
It was crunch time, it was all the modem's fault I had gone completely mad.

Modem + Dementia = MoDementia.
Queseuq

Post by Queseuq »

I use Queseuq if I join a forum looking for help, as I'll be asking Questions and I thought it would look good palindromic :P
Peke

Post by Peke »

@MoDementia
My first 33600 Modem was Australian And I still have it working even it worked 5 years 24/7 :)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
raftel32

What does your user name mean

Post by raftel32 »

raftel32: I am ex Royal Air force (raf) and my trade was Telegraphist (tel) and I was 32nd entry Boy Entrant.
Regards

raftel32
onenonymous

Re: What does your username mean?

Post by onenonymous »

mine's just a play on the word 'anonymous' - I figured I'd be first among them all :D
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Saw mine on the license plate of a Dodge Viper and thought it was cool as h***. :D
Stop Button Freak
MPG

Post by MPG »

My real name is Greg Empey,

Empey spoken sounds like MP, which can be an aconronym for Member of Parliament, or Military Police....I am a military brat.

For awhile I was known as MP of R&R, R&R is an acronym for rest and relaxation in the military, or, as I preferred, Rock And Roll!

I decided to shorten it, so, taking MP and adding the first letter of my first name, created MPG

Its kinda neat with it being related to the video technology, but that was a pure coincidence, as I was using MPG far before the video stream existed.

It's also my on-air name for an internet classic rock radio station...I'll let you do the searching to find out which one it is.

None of the listeners know what MPG stands for and we've had some pretty lengthy, and humurous discussion in the chat room regarding it. Only you will know!

MPG
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
buginafug

Post by buginafug »

I am a bug in a fug. :wink:
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Mine comes from the SNES game 'Pop'n Twinbee' which is quite a cool shooter anyway, but has got some incredible music. Hence the nick :)
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

How about you newbies any reasons for your logins?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Nothing pretty :) First Name Intial, Middle Name Initial and first 3 letters of last name. My dad went/known by Sig and I just sort of carried on the tradition at a young age.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig