Where are you from? - Wikipedia

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

I was born in Reims, France but I currently live in Thibodaux, LA.

Victor.
tinana

Post by tinana »

Nice! I have a best friend in Reims. I met him while he was visiting a mutual friend who was in Baton Rouge participating in a teacher-exchange program with the government of France arranged through CODOFIL.

Me, I was born in Lafayette but have family in New Orleans and Lafourche Parish. I've lived in Seattle for a while, as well as
Sacramento, but have been in Los Angeles for several years. The cliches about this city are true, but I stay for the diversity, both geographic and ethnic, which makes it all worthwhile. :wink:
MM Gold/Lifetime member
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Nice Tinana, you're lucky to have found someone worth knowing coming from Reims. The city is nice but the people are pricks.

My wife actually teaches French in Louisiana and is employed by the CODOFIL...

Victor.
tinana

Post by tinana »

haaaaa, Victor (sssh, don't tell anyone, but I knew some of those in Lafayette, too).

I'm glad to hear CODOFIL is still bringing teachers over, we need it--educationally, linguistically, culturally. And not to mention, I've made some life-long friends thru that organization.
MM Gold/Lifetime member
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

tinana, you have what justin wilson would say. is very bad navigation. ya plum ended up in california? ya overshot new orleans completely ya even overshot texas, which at a bad thing to do. but ending up in Cali..., you might want to catch that big river and get back to home roots. cajuns melt when out of the water area didn't ya know'ed that?

french teacher exchange? never heard of it, must be a Louisiana only thing?

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
tinana

Post by tinana »

Well, to tell the truth, when I was making plans to leave Louisiana it was to head to NYC to room with a Zairean pal, another CODOFIL-inspired friendship, but since it was December at the time and cold on the east coast, I decided to head out west to stay with friends there til summer. One thing led to another, inertia set in and voila, here I am 20 years later. So yea, my sense of direction's even worse than you might've imagined.

Imagine the stories I could tell you about me and L.A. freeways :wink:
MM Gold/Lifetime member