what operating system do you use

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

are you also having troubles with mm 4 that you can't get fixed yourself.

You may select up to 4 options

View results

zarc

Re: what operating system do you use

Post by zarc »

I used to have Windows Professional, but i upgraded it to XP, XP has a lot of features to offer but, i think, there are a lot of upgrade that is released in these time of days, there is Windows 7, Vista and etc, I am planning on buying a 7, because as what i read on plenty of reviews, Windows 7 has a lot of security features, which protects the user in depth, works in the way how you wanted for your PC, and surpasses its predecessors, naturally since it is an upgrade :). well then hope i speak out my opinion in here.
marykate30

Post by marykate30 »

Hello everyone,

I still use Windows XP because i feel comfortable with it and it handles everything I need my PC to do.
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

Windows 7 Professional x64 and Arch Linux. I would be using Arch more if Amarok devs didn't screw the pooch with Amarok 2.x, plus openoffice pales in comparison to Microsoft Office. Amarok 1.4.10+mysql was by far the fastest player when managing large music collections and, in my mind, the best music manager out there. Still, Windows 7 is alright and I have to use Office, so I'll continue using it. Also, cygwin provides bash for my CLI needs. Although ventismedia didn't stumble as badly as the Amarok team did, I cannot help but feel disappointed at some of omitted features, regressions and design decisions present in Mediamonkey 4. I'll post my impressions of Mediamonkey 4 in a future post.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
jmsmrtn98

Post by jmsmrtn98 »

XP & Windows 7.

XP - Cause i have always liked XP (Once i altered it)

Win7 - Cause.. It's more secure and looks better.
(And certain ms options ACTUALLY Work)

I Prefer windows overall due to the compatablilty & I'm just used to it.
(Everything i do - Which is alot- I do on Windows)

You'll probably find Most people stil use Windows.

Then 2nd.. maybe Mac or Linux..

Personally i prefer Linux to Mac anyday.
Life is too serious to be taken seriously Image

Post by Guest »

At work I am working with window7 and it is good to work with. This one is much better then other operating systems.
MMuser2011

Post by MMuser2011 »

For MM4: Win7 Ultimate, 64bit
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version
Shum

Post by Shum »

Win 7 Ultimate with some exotic apps
Felionso

Post by Felionso »

Currently using Win 7 ultimate at home, had planned to switch to Win 8, but I can't get comfortable with the Metro tiles on my desktop....I wish it had a classic mode.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

sorry guys and gal's i didn't know the stats would change when i added things to the poll, but now you might find your op system listed or one you can more accurately post yours with. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nyocot

Post by nyocot »

windows xp on laptop toshiba l1oo

Post by Guest »

Windows 7 on laptop and window Xp on my pc.
chrispitt

Post by chrispitt »

I am using Window7 operating system. And i think this is the best one operating system.