Which Tablet would you get?

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

Which Tablet would you get?

Post by dtsig »

Basically that is it. I am seriously thinking of getting a tablet but not sure which. I really like Android but what are you thoughts?

Android
Ipad
Windows 8
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Re: Which Tablet would you get?

Post by Lowlander »

dtsig

Post by dtsig »

thanks for that but that wasn't what i was looking for.
I am not looking for the tablet to be a server but simply a client. More interested in what tables are being used and how well they are working for the users. Not just for MM but with that in mind.

Thanks
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
jiri

Post by jiri »

From my perspective:

Win8 - I really like the idea of having a tablet that can be converted to a full netbook by using a docking keyboard. With full Win8 (i.e. not RT) this means you have not only a great tablet, but also a pretty useful PC where you can run all the legacy apps. Still not many real Win8 apps, but MM8 is there... ;-)
Android - I have the Asus Transformer, the idea is great, but in the Android variant it doesn't make as much sense as in Win8 case, since Android apps usually aren't too well optimized for tablets and even less for keyboard. And no legacy Win apps...
iPad - Definitely great for a content consumption, but I don't like the way it's locked to Apple. Not that Win8 isn't MS cloud oriented, but in many aspects significantly less strict. Also there isn't MM for iPad... ;-)

Jiri
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

jiri wrote:From my perspective:

Win8 - I really like the idea of having a tablet that can be converted to a full netbook by using a docking keyboard. With full Win8 (i.e. not RT) this means you have not only a great tablet, but also a pretty useful PC where you can run all the legacy apps. Still not many real Win8 apps, but MM8 is there... ;-)
Android - I have the Asus Transformer, the idea is great, but in the Android variant it doesn't make as much sense as in Win8 case, since Android apps usually aren't too well optimized for tablets and even less for keyboard. And no legacy Win apps...
iPad - Definitely great for a content consumption, but I don't like the way it's locked to Apple. Not that Win8 isn't MS cloud oriented, but in many aspects significantly less strict. Also there isn't MM for iPad... ;-)

Jiri
Thanks for that Jiri. Although I am leaning toward Win8 (i can't believe that i just typed that .. going to go wash my hands :) ) i am having a tough time with the UI. I guess this is a similar reaction to what I and others went through when the first look at Windows came out :) But Metro is horrible. But that is another topic. Thanks again
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
ORION

Post by ORION »

With ARM Processor?
If it is with ARM processor i prefer ANDROID.
But if you have chance to get tablet that can handle 32 bit or 64 bit version of Windows it is nice to with windows.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Orion .. thanks for that. As for processor, I as a user really don't/shouldn't care. When I started with computers back in the 70's it mattered but it should become less and less of a question. As I said *should* :)

I have been a supporter of Windows from its inception and until Win8 (specifically Metro) that is what I used for my business and most all of my clients. As we all know .. for a tablet/phone touch products it *might be alright*. I just worry if they will be smart enough to clean up their mess. I hate to reward Billy and the kids for fraking their users :) .. sorry watching marathon of Battlestar Galactica
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

rayanah wrote:I like to use Apple iPAD Wi-Fi 16 GB, its work outstanding and great features \.
Thanks for that. I have thought about Apple several times but I have never been a big fan as since AppleII they have been a pretty 'closed' environment. (yes some changes but still in general ...).

And between iPad and a good android device I really can't justify the price differential. I do give them credit in that in their closed environment the very carefully can control it. And there are less virus/trojans tried on the IOS.

I got my daughter an iPad and loves it. I got my son an Transformer and loves it. And with the horror that is Win8 it looks like at least for my next computer I will have to look at apple <sigh>

A Win8 tablet is basically a full functioning computer and only a couple hundred more than a iPad ... with more functionality. Man I would hate to reward billy for win8.

But again thanks. And I will keep it on the list. Who knows, I might just have to overpay for it. :D
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
PoguestheGreat

Post by PoguestheGreat »

IPads are much to expensive for my liking, as are all Apple products. I have yet to be convinced by anyone any Apple product is worth that much more than any other similar product.

I'm looking at getting my wife and son tablets with Android on them. They both want the ability to use Kindle and Nook applications. If MM was on Android, they'd be perfect!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Not sure about all Kindle https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... zon.kindle and Nook Applications http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook-fo ... 379003595/

But MediaMonkey is available on Android. Sure as with all other options you will need Windows Desktop App to sync but you have all the options.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts