The Phenomenon Of The Mysteriously Disappearing Track Durat

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

Son of Spam

The Phenomenon Of The Mysteriously Disappearing Track Durat

Post by Son of Spam »

I've noticed this before, but it has been a long while.

I have mp3s of Napoleon Hills The Law Of Success In 16 Lessons. Each track is over an hour in length. The duration indicator in the media player clearly shows a track length of over an hour.

However, when I transfer the clips to my phone, the track plays normally but the duration is listed as 2:38. That's two-minutes-and-38-seconds. Once the track plays beyond 2:38 the duration indicator increases as normal, but the progress bar ends at 2:38. This makes it extremely difficult to rewind back to a suitable location if I've missed a particular phrase. Whenever I hit Rewind it takes me back to the beginning of the track. When I hit Fast Forward, it takes the progress bar to the end of the track and repeats from the beginning.

I have 6 different media players on my Android phone, they all share this same issue.

Someone on another site suggested Foobar has a command that fixes screwed up track times. Does Mediamonkey have something similar, perhaps as a script or plugin?
Beware The Lollipop Of Mediocrity:
Lick It Once, And You Suck Forever.
Lowlander

Re: The Phenomenon Of The Mysteriously Disappearing Track Du

Post by Lowlander »

You should try some other software to sync the files as perhaps it is Android that has trouble with the long track duration.

Also check if MediaMonkey is set to auto-convert and/or volume level the files. You may want to disable both and see if this improves things.