Website log-in not latching.

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

ZenGeekDad

Website log-in not latching.

Post by ZenGeekDad »

Log-on is not retained when using browser back-buttons to before the log-on screen. This is a problem because ...

The search tool on this forum tends to be weak compared to Google. So I often find this forum's posts via Google searches. But when I then log-in to this forum, and click "back" to return to the post I want to comment on, the website no-longer sees me as a logged-in user! I web surf puh-lenty, and this is the only site I can recall this happening on in many years. What the heck? It's really inconvenient.

Is there any way to get this feedback to the website managers?

Thanks.
ZenGeekDad

Re: Website log-in not latching.

Post by ZenGeekDad »

Here's an example of the in-site search problem.

Try searching in Google for

mediamonkey "no sound"

The top hit will be

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=65749

Open that link. Now look around in that thread for any search term to use to re-find that thread this time using the MM website's forum search tool. BTW, good freaking luck. If you can pull it off, please post the search terms that you got it succeed with.

Just to expand on my opening post of this thread, if I log in to this forum, then enter the above URL into my browser, I do land on that thread, but the MM website no longer sees me as a logged in user.
ZenGeekDad

Post by ZenGeekDad »

One major problem with the forum search tool is that is seems to ignore quotes. So you can't group words together. Try searching for "no sound". The site tells you that the term "no" was ignored (!!), and gives you a bit over 11,000 pages of hits. I guess I can search for "sound broken" or the like, but things would be SOOOO much better if we could have a search tool that allows grouped words.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

ZenGeekDad wrote:But when I then log-in to this forum, and click "back" to return to the post I want to comment on, the website no-longer sees me as a logged-in user!
Just refresh the page. It will show you as logged in then.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.