Looking for a new MP3 Player (no iPods!)

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

musziqluvher

Looking for a new MP3 Player (no iPods!)

Post by musziqluvher »

My first couple of MP3 players were from creative. They worked great until I broke then. Unfortunately, creative stopped making those so I couldn't get them anymore. Creative's last player, the Xen-Fi2 was hot garbage. I sent it back immediately. I ended up getting a Cowon J3 which died and now have the Cowon X9. It's a decent player but it's nowhere near the options that I had on the Creative players. As the title says, I don't want any Apple products, so no iPod suggestions. (I also don't want to get into a discussion as to why I don't like Apple products, :lol: )
So, can anyone give me suggestions? I would like a player with high quality sound that can store a minimum of 60GB. This size tends to be the point where my search breaks and all the suggestions are for friggin iPods.
I primarily use Amazon for music so it would probably be pointless for me to get a hi-fi player with lossless capabilities. I also get music from Bandcamp, which does have hi-fi downloads, but not enough to warrant buying a hi-fi player.
MMW 5.0.4.2690 | MMA 2.0.0.1063

MM Remote 2.9 | Android 13
MMW Gold | MMA Pro
Win11 64b
dtsig

Re: Looking for a new MP3 Player (no iPods!)

Post by dtsig »

Just wondering why .. but why not a phone. You can get one pretty cheap .. without the contract and newer android normally handles 64gig well. And you can use it to control you mmw when your hanging around
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Monkey hi fi

Post by Monkey hi fi »

I was just going to say that also dtsig. Use your old smartphone and load it with the biggest sd card it takes then load you're songs on it. My sisters mp3 player wasn't working correctly anymore so she's been using my old Motorola phone. Has bigger screen then most mp3 players. And they can be used for games too.

roving cowboy/ keith hall/ monkey hi fi
musziqluvher

Post by musziqluvher »

I want a dedicated mp3 player because smartphones are notoriously horrible with battery life. My phone dies fast enough as it is... :(. My mp3 players last for days without charging.

MMW Gold | MMA Pro
Win11 64b
musziqluvher

Post by musziqluvher »

dtsig wrote:Just wondering why .. but why not a phone. You can get one pretty cheap .. without the contract and newer android normally handles 64gig well. And you can use it to control you mmw when your hanging around
I know about the MMW remote. I actually love that.

MMW Gold | MMA Pro
Win11 64b
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

what eats up the phone battery is all the preinstalled apps. just remove the ones you don't use, don't try to log in to any accounts, and turn off the system apps you don't use if possible clear the home screen just put a shortcut to mm on it then nothing will be trying to drain the power. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Peke

Post by Peke »

RC is right.

I tried it on my old LG L5 phone that had battery life of 1.5 days. eg I've done factory reset, Cleaned/disabled all apps include some system, made it to go to deep freeze over night, Inserted faulty SIM card, no wifi (except when I sync), BT unless I pay in my car, GPS. So MMA and Playing music it drains battery after 4 Days.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
musziqluvher

Post by musziqluvher »

Thanks for all the help! I ending up finding a player, suitable for me, at the site where I normally buy all my photography gear.
ATM I've been using the stock player because MM for android wasn't syncing properly via WiFi. I may go back if it's going well again.

MMW Gold | MMA Pro
Win11 64b