playlists don't transfer to ipod

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

campersand

playlists don't transfer to ipod

Post by campersand »

I have an 80 gig ipod video. I was really liking MediaMonkey until I tried to sync my ipod. All of my playlists are Autoplaylists and I couldn't get any of them to transfer to my ipod without actually copying the files in the playlist onto the ipod as well, which created duplicates on my ipod. Any way around this?

It also removed all of my podcasts from the "Podcast" directory, but that's somewhat minor.
campersand

Post by campersand »

Really, no one knows anything about this? It's really a bummer because as annoying as iTunes is, it still seems to be the best thing to use if you have an ipod.
charlieMOGUL

Post by charlieMOGUL »

Hi,

I have an iPod 5.5G 80GB, and synching autoplaylists work flawlessy whith MediaMonkey 2.5.5.998.
The (auto)playlists are selected in the auto-synchronization list of the device.

Furthermore, I use the following device settings:
* Delete tracks that aren't on the Auto-Synchronization List
* Except folders: \*.mp4
* Confirm deletion
* Auto-Synchronize tracks from the device to the PC
* Confirm Updates

Hope this helps,

charlieMOGUL
campersand

Post by campersand »

Thanks for the response. Any idea how I'd add an exception for podcasts under the "Delete tracks that aren't on the Auto-Synchronization List" option?
campersand

Post by campersand »

Hmm, well this is frustrating. I just tried syncing with MediaMonkey again and it basically did the same thing. It did transfer two of my playlists but...I have a couple auto playlists set up to handle podcasts only, and it seems to think that, since there aren't any podcasts in the library, it doesn't need to transfer those lists to my ipod. It also did the thing where it moved all my podcasts out of the "podcast" directory in the ipod, which is pretty annoying.