How to add new songs to Zen Playlists?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

bradford

How to add new songs to Zen Playlists?

Post by bradford »

Hello,

I am very new to using Media Monkey. I have a Zen Vision M MP3 player that I have had for several years. I have many playlists already on the player. I would like to add a new song to one of my playlists but am unable to move any files into the playlist file folder. What is the proper method for moving a song into an already established playlist on the Zen? I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I have scanned the forums and have been unable to find a similar problem. Any help would be appreciated.
nynaevelan

Re: How to add new songs to Zen Playlists?

Post by nynaevelan »

Add the song to the playlist within MM, if it is on many playlists the best bet is to setup all the playlists to sync to the Zen in the Playlist section of the Device Configuration. Then autosync your player and all the playlists will be updated which need to be. Or it is a lot harder to update it on the player in any position except the last or first position. If you want the song to be in the first position, select the song to play, then select the playlist and add it to the selection, then save the playlist in the same name. You would do the same thing if you want it to be in the last position except select the playlist first then select the song and save it with the playlist's name.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
bradford

Post by bradford »

Thank you for your help. On my player I added the playlist to the Now Playing Selection. Then added the new track to the selection. I then re-named the playlist the same thing as you said and it worked perfectly. Great easy solution.
Zeke129

Post by Zeke129 »

It's more or less the only solution unless you've set up certain playlists to always autosync. (In this case, it will update them on your player automatically)