Playlist export to Nokia 5800 XM

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

rohitrs

Playlist export to Nokia 5800 XM

Post by rohitrs »

Any ideas about how to export a playlist to nokia 5800 ? I tried exporting it from MM to m3u format but it does not work on the phone.
Badetuch

Re: Playlist export to Nokia 5800 XM

Post by Badetuch »

I have found a not simple but working way to get your MM playlists to your nokia phone:

1) tell MM to sync the playlists you want to your phone (same folder like the mp3s)
2) on your pc, open your phone storage and go to that folder
3) open the playlist (m3u) with wordpad (or ms word or editor or whatever)
4) delete the folder path of every single entry

example:

old entry:
/sounds/digital/Michael Jackson- Beat it.mp3

new entry:
Michael Jackson- Beat it.mp3

your must do that with EACH song entry!

5) save the changed file
6) voila! your nokia recognizes the playlist (shown in the playlist folder of your phone) and is able to read it!

BTW:
if anybody knows a better way to sync MM m3us with nokia phones, PLEASE tell me - the way I described is not very comfortable (although it's the only way I know that really works)
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

Did you build the playlists in MM? If so, they should sync over. I use PC Suite or Media Transfer mode and playlists built in MM sync fine in those modes.
Geez

Post by Geez »

i have found a better solution for you guys using nokia music manager is just a waste of time.. not to mention slow...
if you have already put the songs in your memory card and labeled them in different folders such as hip hop, alternative or pop...you can use this method...

Download Playlist creator here: http://www.oddgravity.de/app-opc.php
you dont have to worry because its size is only 1.42 mb and it works perfectly if you follow these steps:

Drag the folder unto the playlist creator and click settings.
once your in the settings you should see a selection labeled as saving playlist entries click relative and press ok.
Your in the playlist creator home again set your saving location to the folder where your songs are found ex: (music\hiphop)
type the playlist name..EX: hiphop
and choose .m3u then click create playlist.
and your done!

i hope this helps... i spent lots of time figuring how to get the playlist to work with nokia 5800(:
johannlo

Post by johannlo »

Tried your app, didn't work for me.

I've got an even funnier situation: one of my playlists works and syncs properly. The others don't.

I've opened them all in notepad and as far as I can tell the format is identical - extended m3u, relative file paths, ANSI encoding. I've tried using other encodings, no dice.

I've confirmed this anomaly by manually deleting all the m3u files and re-syncing, behold same thing happens: the working playlist reappears and keeps working, the others don't. (they're copied but music palyer thinks theres no tracks in them). To rub it in, they all work in file manager (?!?!).

Does anyone know whats going on?!?!
DM

Post by DM »

You have to manually change in the path all the / in the playlist in \

example: dirname/songname.mp3
dirname\songname.mp3
NocturnalOne

Post by NocturnalOne »

I imported existing m3u playlists into MM and then sync'd the new MM version of the playlist to my 5800. Those playlists work fine. The problem is that MM doesn't sync at all. It simply copies every file, present or not.

Regards,

Sander
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

NocturnalOne wrote:I imported existing m3u playlists into MM and then sync'd the new MM version of the playlist to my 5800. Those playlists work fine. The problem is that MM doesn't sync at all. It simply copies every file, present or not.

Regards,

Sander
As I said in the other thread you posted in, use auto-synchronize instead of manually syncing and it will do that.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
NocturnalOne

Post by NocturnalOne »

I haven't seen an auto sync function but I'll look for it. Meanwhile MM should call it 'synchronize' if it's really just a blind copy.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

NocturnalOne wrote:I haven't seen an auto sync function but I'll look for it. Meanwhile MM should call it 'synchronize' if it's really just a blind copy.
Tools > Sync device

You need to check "Auto-syncronize" and use that rather than "Sync selected" or right click > send to, or drag and drop, etc.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

Hi all!

I've tried the "Geez" method on my n97 mini and works fine! follow carefully all his steps and you could manage your music fine with this program.

Thank you for this info! i'm really bored with nokia music manager... ;)

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Hi all!

I've tried the "Geez" method on my n97 mini and works fine! follow carefully all his steps and you could manage your music fine with this program.

Thank you for this info! i'm really bored with nokia music manager... ;)

Hi all again! Another method, this time more simply, with winamp!!!

Follow this simply steps:

- Open winamp
- Drag and drop the folders of your device to winamp (you should have copied on the device)
- Open winamp's playlist
- Click on "manage playlist"
- Click on "save playlist" and save it on the device folder (f.ex: "Trance playlist" on f:\music\trance\trance playlist.m3u)

That's all!!

[off topic]
Visit my blog if you like all kind of music and mix sessions: djfmixed.blogspot.com

Bye!
Hoffer

Post by Hoffer »

Hi all! I am a user of 5800XM too, recently, I tried to play a music playlist / an entire CD album with the alarm function,I would like the effect as an ipod which start playing music at specific time, however, I discovered that, the alarm in 5800XM allows only one music file being selected as the alarm tone,moreover, even when a song is selected, it would be played for may be 30 sec / 1 min sth when alarm activated,which means, it cannot plays the whole song till it finished before 5800XM went back to silence again,