Permanent copy of auto-converted files?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

ZPrime

Permanent copy of auto-converted files?

Post by ZPrime »

I keep the majority of my library in FLAC. I have nearly 94GB of FLAC across almost 300 albums.

I have been using MM to transcode on the fly to MP3 and sync with my iPod. However, I've recently had to wipe the iPod, which means I have to wait as all of the transcoding makes the sync take FAR longer than it should. At the settings I use, the FLAC library comes down to about 35GB in MP3, which shouldn't take more than a few hours to transfer to the iPod. (160GB Classic)

Is there any way I can keep a complete copy of the transcoded audio around, synchronize the iPod to the mp3 files, but somehow transfer back any ratings and play count to the original FLAC data? This will make life easier for me if I have to wipe the iPod and re-sync again, and it will have the added side benefit of allowing me to support other devices on my network (they can play mp3 but not FLAC).
nohitter151

Re: Permanent copy of auto-converted files?

Post by nohitter151 »

Nope. there used to be a script that helped to do this but the author has since taken it down.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
nynaevelan

Re: Permanent copy of auto-converted files?

Post by nynaevelan »

Look at the Track Redirection script topic, it should do what you are looking for.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files