d_iphone.dll File Question

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

PGR

d_iphone.dll File Question

Post by PGR »

Media Monkey 3.2.0 is allegedly compatible with the iPod Touch via the d_iphone.dll file, but I had to delete that file from the plugin directory to clear the "audio library has stopped working" error. I'm probably just missing it, but I can't seem to find a work-around for this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Pete
nohitter151

Re: d_iphone.dll File Question

Post by nohitter151 »

Reinstall MM. You need that file in order to sync with the iPod touch and/or iPhone.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Not sure I understand. You want to use touch with MM but you need to delete plugin or?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
PGR

Post by PGR »

Here's a summary of the chain of events:

My MediaMonkey (Gold with AAC/M4A Encoder/Decoder Plug-in) suddenly started giving me the "Audio Library has stopped working" error. Sorry, but I don't know what version it was except it wasn't the most current version. I hadn't done anything to upgrade or change MM but I had upgraded all my Apple software (iTunes, Quicktime Pro, etc.) so I uninstalled all of that and weeded all the leftover bits out of my registry and file structure (Win Vista64). When that didn't help I did a complete uninstall of MM followed by a virgin install of v. 3.2.0.1294 and the AAC/M4A Encoder/Decoder Plug-in, but I continued to get the "Audio Library has stopped working" error.

So I logged into the MM forum and discovered that taking the d_iphone.dll file out of play would probably fix my problem, and it did. And all has been good since then with the exception that I suspected that I wouldn't be able to sync my iPod Touch to my MM library. But that wasn't a big deal until recently when it became important, which is why I posted this topic.

Since I posted this topic I did some followup research and discovered that a corrupted Quicktime install can also cause the problem, but I didn't think that was the case because I had done a fresh MM install after removing every vestige of Apple software from my computer and the "Audio Library has stopped working" error still occurred as long as the d_iphone.dll file was in the Plugins directory. So lacking any other thing to try, I did a fresh install of Quicktime and the problem went away.

So the only conclusion I can come up with is there was still a corrupted piece of Quicktime on my computer which I couldn't find and remove, and the fresh install overwrote it with an uncorrupted copy. The bottom line is that MM, Quicktime, and iTunes are all working in harmony again and my only problem at this point is I have no idea what triggered the problem in the first place or what I actually fixed to make it all work again.

I will add that I haven't actually tried to sync with my Touch yet. I'm still studying all the known issues and discovering the work-arounds, and I'm reinforcing my general hatrid for all things Apple and their proprietary ways in the process. This should be a hell of a lot easier than it is.

Pete
Peke

Post by Peke »

Pete,
Problem with iphone and ITouch is that they uses Apple Mobile Support drivers (part of iTunes package) and they are needed to be installed in case you want to access them. Now sure if it is still needed but you must authorize each iTouch/iPhone in iTunes before you can use it on that PC and with MM. problem is that Apple libraries used to access devices do not return correct/any info even they are loaded correctly :( so we have trials and misses based on users feedback mostly :(

Bottom line is that if Apple cooperated we would be able to make users life much easier. but they do not give any third part companies any info regarding their products.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
PGR

Post by PGR »

For what it's worth, I used iTunes to wipe my iPod Touch clean of all music and playlists and then I re-synced all 182 albums and 16 playlists with MM. All my music is already AAC (.m4a) so there was no conversion necessary and everything worked perfectly. The music is all there and the album art shows up at the album and track level.

Now my only legitimate gripe is the Touch music player doesn't have a crossfade function. I've had $29 mp3 players which did crossfades and I'm completely at a loss for why Apple would leave that feature off of their premier multimedia device.

Pete