Does MM work with Ford Sync?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

bonzo728

Does MM work with Ford Sync?

Post by bonzo728 »

Hello all,

I am trying to get my ipod to sync with my Ford Fusion and I am running into issues. I use MM to put songs onto my ipod and when I try using it in the car it says "No Media Files". I don't understand how this is since I have over 6,000 songs on my ipod. Does anyone have a solution or has anyone run into the same problem? The voice in the car says it cannot index the files on my ipod. I was thinking that maybe I have to use itunes instead of MM, which I would much rather not. Please help if possible. Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Does MM work with Ford Sync?

Post by Lowlander »

What version of MediaMonkey are you currently using and what model and firmware on the iPod?
bonzo728

Post by bonzo728 »

Lowlander wrote:What version of MediaMonkey are you currently using and what model and firmware on the iPod?

Sorry, should have provided that information.
MM version 3.2.1.1297
My ipod is a classic 80GB with version 1.3

I hope this helps.

If all else fails I could always get itunes again and just use it strictly for my ipod and continue to use MM for everything else (listening to music, etc.).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

bonzo728

Post by bonzo728 »

Lowlander wrote:Maybe read through: http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic. ... hilit=ford
I did see that. I am going to keep searching, etc. I actually emailed sync customer service about it as well. The thing is, I am not just trying to play playlists, I am trying to play anything at all. Thanks though.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

To make sure I understand correctly, when you sync to your iPod, can you play the tracks on the iPod?

-Rusty
bonzo728

Post by bonzo728 »

rusty wrote:Hi,

To make sure I understand correctly, when you sync to your iPod, can you play the tracks on the iPod?

-Rusty

Yes, my ipod works fine, always has.

When I plug in the USB to my car it says it cannot index the files and that there are no files on the ipod. It is very strange.

I can actually turn on the ipod and hit play, then plug it in to the car and it will play. But if I try to change albums or do anything involving the Sync in my car it does not work.
bonzo728

Post by bonzo728 »

So I thought it had something to do with MM but I was wrong. I reinstalled itunes last night and used it to sync my ipod. I went out and tried to use it with my car again this morning and the same problem arose. It said that it could not index all of my music and that I need to fill in the missing artist, song and genre metadata.

That's where my problem is, I believe (or maybe it is).

I don't have a genre assigned to any of my songs. So now I need to do this. Is there a program I could use where I could highlight and album or songs and it could automatically assign a genre? It would take me forever to do it manually.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You might want to test this with only syncing a few tracks with Genre to the iPod and see if Sync can read the files.
bonzo728

Post by bonzo728 »

To update the problem was the lack of genres. I used that script and it worked. I don't agree with all of the tags necessarily, but I don't care, I got what I needed working. Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

So that is pretty big bug in Microsofts Sync system then.
jaredhall

Post by jaredhall »

bonzo728 wrote:Hello all,

I am trying to get my ipod to sync with my Ford Fusion and I am running into issues. I use MM to put songs onto my ipod and when I try using it in the car it says "No Media Files". I don't understand how this is since I have over 6,000 songs on my ipod. Does anyone have a solution or has anyone run into the same problem? The voice in the car says it cannot index the files on my ipod. I was thinking that maybe I have to use itunes instead of MM, which I would much rather not. Please help if possible. Thanks.
Have you tried to use the songs you were playing on other MMs of other cars? I also had that same problem before and what I did was I've searched on the internet about Ford repair questions and answers and studied them. I noticed that the USB plug on my iPod and the connections was not working well that's why it can't read files. I tried to fixed it and with the help of my friend I was able to finish the repair. You can also do the same style that I did.