how to sync with SD Card

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

KarlAuer

how to sync with SD Card

Post by KarlAuer »

I have a USB Card Reader and a SD card in it.
Windows automatically detected as drive and gave it a drive letter.
How can I force MM to identify the card as a device, so I can sync to it?
rovingcowboy

Re: how to sync with SD Card

Post by rovingcowboy »

Just add the files on the sd card when its in the reader, use mm's file copy and put them on the card he will make them in folders just like he has listed in his database for the files he copys to the card. Then just put card in to your device and if you have mma set to scan the sdcard then you can play them to enjoy.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
KarlAuer

Post by KarlAuer »

Thanks for the tip. The SD card will go into the car. The device in the car can read mp3 format.
Would "MM file copy" convert the format?
i use MM auto-convert feature to convert into a format that the device can read - on the fly.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The card (or the card reader) should show under Tools > Options > Portable/Audio Devices from where you can setup the device for sync.
KarlAuer

Post by KarlAuer »

The card shows up as drive-letter (i) under My Computer in the left hand pane.
It doesn't show up as device in Tools > Options > Portable/Audio Devices.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Strange, it works for me. In that case however you can setup USBMass_1.dll to sync to the cards drive letter.
KarlAuer

Post by KarlAuer »

Lowlander wrote:Strange, it works for me. In that case however you can setup USBMass_1.dll to sync to the cards drive letter.
But a card that shows up as drive letter only doesn't have the button to sync, nor can I select music for it.
Normally a device pops up as a device, not as a drive letter.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

There were some issues about sd cards but its been a few months i thought they were fixed, but any way you can add them to the sd card just like the hard drive by monkeys copy to setting or going in to file folder in win explorer then use device to play and scan the files then you should find them on the card and add them in the library and play them.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you setup USBMass it should work.