Syncing Windows Phone 8 --- Nokia Lumia 928

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

thathiphopguy

Syncing Windows Phone 8 --- Nokia Lumia 928

Post by thathiphopguy »

Ok. I searched but couldn't find the precise answer that I was looking. I used Media Monkey years ago and was pretty happy with it. I then changed from Windows to Apple and that was that, but now I am back giving it a shot.

I synced a playlist from Media Monkey to my Windows Phone 8 (Nokia Lumia 928) last night. It worked pretty easily. Media Monkey saw my device and I added 10GB worth of music in less than 15 minutes.

But now my question is, what should my expectations be when I sync back? The music software on my phone has something to be desired. For whatever reason, the order of my tracks is in alphabetical and not in the proper track order. Is there some way to fix that? Is there a different app other than XBOX Music to use? The options looked pretty limited.

So when I play a track on my phone and sync back to MM, will my play count change in the program? I hope so. Let me know your thoughts if you have time.

If you have any other ideas how to make the music experience more enjoyable on my Windows 8 Phone please let me know that as well.

Thanks!
Peke

Re: Syncing Windows Phone 8 --- Nokia Lumia 928

Post by Peke »

Have you installed MediaMonkey on your phone?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
thathiphopguy

Post by thathiphopguy »

Peke wrote:Have you installed MediaMonkey on your phone?
No. Media Monkey just found my device when I plugged in via USB and I auto-synced the playlist. Media Monkey is not on the phone. Is there a way to download Media Monkey on Windows Phone 8? There's no app in the asppstore.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
thathiphopguy

Post by thathiphopguy »

Unfortunately I think that just pertains to Windows 8 and RT. Windows 8 Phone has it's own store. It makes it all the more complicated. If I am wrong, please let me know, but I am pretty sure there is no Media Monkey app for Windows Phone 8.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

thathiphopguy wrote:
Unfortunately I think that just pertains to Windows 8 and RT. Windows 8 Phone has it's own store. It makes it all the more complicated. If I am wrong, please let me know, but I am pretty sure there is no Media Monkey app for Windows Phone 8.
No, you're right. Win phone 8 is separate from Win 8 RT or metro. I doubt that any sync back of playcounts is supported with that device.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
misplacedamerican

Post by misplacedamerican »

It doesn't exist for Windows Phone 8, but I think that there are plenty of users who would want it. Do you agree?
nebbiag

Post by nebbiag »

I just got a windows phone, with Windows Phone 8. The music app leaves a lot to be desired. Any possibility of MM developing a WP8 app?
SGM

Post by SGM »

Worked fine with a Lumia 640 Microsoft phone too. Worked better than Microsoft app.