Sync Question: Samsung 1.5TB Media Streamer

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

jczelust

Sync Question: Samsung 1.5TB Media Streamer

Post by jczelust »

Ok. So I just got this in my tech feed and was wondering how this would work with Media Monkey. So I have a 244GB collection which is obviously too big for MicroSD cards. I don't need to have all that music with me but boy, if it's a possibility then I would like to look into it. So this Samsung Media Streamer has plenty of storage but is there a way to sync it with Media Monkey and then play the music through the Android App on my two Android products in a way where I can sync playlists, play counts, and ratings? Can this show up as external storage in the Android apps in order to enable wireless sync? Would the same drive work for both Android Devices if it was mapped correctly? Thoughts? Am I way off?

Here's the link:

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-u ... a-streamer
Lowlander

Re: Sync Question: Samsung 1.5TB Media Streamer

Post by Lowlander »

In your home network MediaMonkey for Windows can already stream its Library to any DLNA/UPnP client including Apps on Android (there is MediaMonkey for Android too).

The device you linked to seems to be a regular hard drive as well, thus I presume it can connect to your PC via USB (it states USB 3.0 support). If that's the case it would receive a drive letter like any USB drive and allow you to sync to it using d_USBMass1.dll. If it is wifi only it likely is available as network share which you can map to a drive letter and then sync via the same method.