Truncated lyrics in iPhone 5-ios7.1.2+ [#6156]

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Purplepants

Re: Truncated lyrics in iPhone 5-ios7.1.2

Post by Purplepants »

I'm very sorry to have to report that I still see the lyrics and comments being truncated :( Again, I tried all sort of different scenarios, including the three different d_iPod.dll that I know have. In all the different scenarios it appeared it worked once, and only once, but unfortunately I was not able to reproduce that, as I have no clue what I did differently (it wasn't the thing I was intentionally doing different :P).

I made a new Dbgview report and included the requested mp3's here.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Are you sure that you run the latest MediaMonkey.exe from the latest zip archive?
One other idea, if you run unskinned version of MM then it actually runs file 'MediaMonkey (non-skinned).exe' instead os 'MediaMonkey.exe' , so it also could be the issue.
The unskinned means that you have chacked [x] Override Skin theme using Windows system theme in the Tools -> Options -> Skin
Please verify that this checkbox is unchecked.

Also, the debug log you attached is not complete, you probably run DbgView after MM start? Could you please run DbgView at first and then MM so that I can see full debug log, thanks!
Purplepants

Post by Purplepants »

I'm afraid I already thought of the problem that would arise from the fact that I run MM non-skinned. So I disabled the 'override skin' option when testing (and checked to see which .exe was running in task manager, even thought it is hard to miss the fact that it is skinned or not). I also double-checked if I was running your latest mediamonkey.exe.

I did indeed run DbgView after start of MM. Sorry for that, I didn't know you needed anything from before the moment of syncing. Here a new complete log.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, thank you for the log, this time it was a complete log.

Please give another try with this http://www.happymonkeying.com/beta/MediaMonkey.zip
This should be the last try (should work finally), but if it is still not working then please re-generate the log, thanks!

Jim (jcoons72) already confirmed the fix via ticket #KEG-375-92609, but in his case it was slightly different issue.
Purplepants

Re: Truncated lyrics in iPhone 5-ios7.1.2+ [#6156]

Post by Purplepants »

Oh my god :o I didn't expect that I would ever see this issue resolved for my outdated iPod classic. I can wholeheartedly confirm that the lyrics are no longer being truncated. This is awesome!

Ludek, thank you so much, you are the best!
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I am glad to hear that this is finally fixed for you.
I have never ever been able to replicate the issue and thanks to you and your logs it is finally resolved.

The fix is integrated to build 4.1.5.1718 (already posted on Wednesday).
jcoons72

Post by jcoons72 »

Awesome news! Thanks Ludek for resolving our issues!