Sync to Windows Phone 8.1?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Kupuna

Sync to Windows Phone 8.1?

Post by Kupuna »

Is there a way to sync from MM to Windows Phone 8.1? I'm frankly new at this, and trying to "detach" my large classical collection from iTunes on my PC and manage it in a more granular fashion with MM. Microsoft furnishes an app "Windows Phone for Desktop", but it is totally iTunes oriented. It brings up my iTunes library when started and I can send files to the phone from there.
Sorry for the crude explanation, but I really would like some help :o
3ricss

Re: Sync to Windows Phone 8.1?

Post by 3ricss »

I'm interested in knowing this too. I'm trying to sync to the SD card on my HTC ONE M8 Windows Phone. It seem to not work when I use right click, send to, select HTC SD Card.
Kupuna

Post by Kupuna »

I haven't found out anything new about this topic. I will share with you if I do.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can't comment if Windows Phone 8.1 devices are supported, but for syncing help read: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... evices/4.0 If MediaMonkey can sync to it (older versions of Windows Phone were locked to third party sync so I don't know if this has changed) it likely is as MTP device.
meburton

Post by meburton »

I am in the same boat. Trying to sync automatically to the SD Card on my HTC One (M8) for Windows Phone 8.1.
I can not figure out how to make it sync both ways automatically. Help !!!!
ohneland

Post by ohneland »

I tried so too.
XBox Music is some terrible software and genuinely wrecks anything positive about Windows Phone.
You might want to read the endless complaints here: http://forums.windowscentral.com
While the tracks all seem to have been copied the playlists have not been copied. I think the problem lies with the fact that playlists are saved as de facto empty pls.-files on the phone itself while the files are supposed to be saved on the sd-card. As of now I am unable to solve this.
Also MM seems to be unable to recode any files that are not supported by Windows Phone on syncing.
I used to be able to do this with MusicBee but since the latest WP update something seems to have been broken.
ohneland

Win 10
Logitech Media Server on a Synology NAS with diff. players
MM 5, MP3Tag, EAC, Musicbee
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

ohneland wrote:Also MM seems to be unable to recode any files that are not supported by Windows Phone on syncing.
With a Gold License you can setup Auto-Conversion in the Device Profile.
ohneland

Post by ohneland »

Ok, here's how I succeeded:
Copy all files in the playlist via MM to your phone, e.g. by syncing the playlists.
Drop all your playlists in my documents/music as .m3u-files, i.e. export etc.
Register with Xbox Music and login.
Tell Xbox Music for Win8 to look for playlists (my documents/music is the only folder it is able to read - a joke really).
XBM will find your playlists and match them with the files on your phone. The playlists will appear in XBM WP 8.1 app.
Done!
ohneland

Win 10
Logitech Media Server on a Synology NAS with diff. players
MM 5, MP3Tag, EAC, Musicbee