Does MM sync with iPhone 6S and, if so, what does it sync?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

F1nchy

Does MM sync with iPhone 6S and, if so, what does it sync?

Post by F1nchy »

Hi all

I'm looking at getting a new phone soon and can't decide on getting another Android or changing camps and getting an iPhone.

I use MediaMonkey Gold for managing all my music and auto playlists, etc for my phone and Sonos system, and can't face the nightmare that is iTunes for Windows (plus I'm invested in MM, iTunes won't do FLAC, etc) so thought it worth asking on here to help me clarify on that aspect before I decide.

Does MediaMonkey sync with the newer iPhones/versions of iOS? If so, how reliably? Do new versions of iOS usually cause problems?

And what does it sync? Just tracks, or will it also sync plays and ratings (to and/or from the device)?

Since Apple have lowered the garden wall slightly with iOS9, is there any likelihood of a MM player or MM sync app being released for iOS devices?

I can see that there are iPhone users on here but lots of varying posts and it would be good to have some feedback covering all my queries.

Thanks guys
Ski6

Re: Does MM sync with iPhone 6S and, if so, what does it syn

Post by Ski6 »

I just got a 6s plus w/128, upgraded to ios 9.1, and the latest MM windows is working fine. I have only begun to fill the device with music, but 500+ playlists are going in fine.

Play count is transferred back to MM on synch.

Sometimes ios upgrades cause issues that need to be addressed, but the MM team invariably resolves them.
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Thanks for replying Ski6, that's great.

Would you mind having to a look to see if you rate a track on the iPhone it syncs the track rating back into MM please.

Presumably you also need iTunes installed on the PC to get it to authorise?
Ski6

Post by Ski6 »

Yup, ratings go from phone to MM, and the reverse.

ITunes (latest) must be installed to talk to the iPhone; It is very important that you configure ITunes as described on this site.
I only directly run ITunes to do backups and restores.
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Great, thanks for confirming. So the iPhone is still an option then, cool.