syncing with Ipod touch

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

geohart

syncing with Ipod touch

Post by geohart »

is it ok if i already have songs on my ipod or do I need to delete everything before I add songs from media monkey to my Ipod?
Lowlander

Re: syncing with Ipod touch

Post by Lowlander »

It's fine, just pay attention to the delete files confirmation dialog. Make sure it isn't set to delete anything you don't want deleted.
geohart

Post by geohart »

Thanks very much, this is much better than itunes.
mclehmer1

Post by mclehmer1 »

I purchased MediaMonkey Gold because iTunes does not sync with my iPod very well. I noticed however that the information you have only speaks of supporting iPod Touch (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Gen). I have an iPod touch 6th generation model MKJ02LL/A. Am I out of luck? Will MM not work with this?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi it should work, we do not have touch 6G to test with.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

However MediaMonkey relies on iTunes for iPod Touch syncing, thus if iTunes has problems it may also cause problems for MediaMonkey.
mclehmer

Post by mclehmer »

Lowlander wrote:However MediaMonkey relies on iTunes for iPod Touch syncing, thus if iTunes has problems it may also cause problems for MediaMonkey.
My info:
Running on Windows 7
iTunes version: 12.6.2.20
iPod touch: 6th generation
iPod model: MKJ02LL/A
iPod version: 11.2.2 (15V202)

I am using the following instructions found at http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... zation/4.0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prepare the iPhone/iPod/iPad

If you have an iOS device like an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch you'll need to have iTunes installed. Most other iPod devices don't require iTunes. An alternative to iTunes is CopyTrans Drivers which will only install the required iTunes components for syncing, however this isn't officially supported by Apple or MediaMonkey.

If you have iTunes installed you need to make sure it is not set to automatically sync your media to your device:

Connect your device and run iTunes
Select your device in iTunes and then select the Summary tab of your device <<--- I see my iPod device in iTunes but do not see a Summary tab to select. Where would I see this?
Disable 'Open iTunes when this device is connected'
Enable 'Manually manage music and videos'
Eject the device and close iTunes

Do not uninstall iTunes if you are using an iOS device like iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

You should see a small device icon in the upper left corner in iTunes (approximately under Account). Click on it. You might then need to click on which device you want if there are several listed - this probably won't happen in your case. The first item under Settings in the left column should be Summary; click it. The Open iTunes check box should then be the first item under Options in the main screen. It may be grayed out in which case you can proceed to the next steps although I would click on Done before ejecting the device.
mclehmer wrote: Connect your device and run iTunes
Select your device in iTunes and then select the Summary tab of your device <<--- I see my iPod device in iTunes but do not see a Summary tab to select. Where would I see this?
Disable 'Open iTunes when this device is connected'
Enable 'Manually manage music and videos'
Eject the device and close iTunes

Do not uninstall iTunes if you are using an iOS device like iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
JoLukas

Post by JoLukas »

Was this ever resolved? I'm having the same problem.