Can't get 3 songs onto correct place on iPod?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Mikey1969

Can't get 3 songs onto correct place on iPod?

Post by Mikey1969 »

So I am putting some music on my daughter's iPod for a musical production she's going to be in. The director has put out some music, most of it was on CD< but she added 6-7 songs this week. Naming and metadata is all over the place on this, but I have gone through and fixed it, named all of the files with the custom "album" and "album artist" I created for this hodgepodge. 14 of the 17 total files ended up in the right place. 3 of them, for some reason, are just floating in the ether of "Unknown artist"(or album)... The song title shows up correctly, and the track number shows up as well, but no matter how many times I sync/re-sync the iPod, these three songs won't go into the right spot.

I've compared them to the other files in MediaMonkey(v 4.1.20.1864) and they are the same, except for(of course) track name, file name, and track number. I went through and did the same thing in Windows Explorer, checking the metadata that way as well. They all match, but I can't drop them into the right place. Any ideas? I swear, everything is identical as far as I can tell. The new files were M4a files, and I converted them. Some of them are in the working files, so I don't see how that could be it, and they all play on MM. They also all play on the iPod, I just can't get them to go into the place they are supposed to.

Anyway, it's weird, but I'm out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Mikey1969

Re: Can't get 3 songs onto correct place on iPod?

Post by Mikey1969 »

OK, an update. They're showing up on the "Unknown Artist" list on the iPod. I have triple and quadruple checked, but that's where they are. Also removed all of the songs in that list and re-added them.
Lowlander

Re: Can't get 3 songs onto correct place on iPod?

Post by Lowlander »

Quick workaround: create a Playlist of the files and sync it.

Which version of MediaMonkey are you using? To what did you convert those files and did you use MediaMonkey?