Problem w/ syncing videos to iPod Classic

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

alissa914

Problem w/ syncing videos to iPod Classic

Post by alissa914 »

It automatically converts all my videos to the iPod Classic which is fine for HD podcasts, but even if I set the supported formats on the device screen to allow for videos at 720x480 w/ up to 320kbps audio (which the iPod Classic DOES support as iTunes syncs to it and they do play back), MediaMonkey 4 always converts every video when syncing it over.

Even if I extend the size to 900 in width in case it was looking at display resolution (since these are anamorphic 720x480 videos being played back at 16:9), it still recompresses them. If I use iTunes, they sync over with no problems or errors.

It is the only reason why I stopped using MediaMonkey to sync to my iPod. It seems to work fine for everything else BUT this. Normally I wouldn't mind as much but I have about 1600 videos to copy over and when they're all compatible, it recompresses all of them which makes the picture look worse.

Any ideas?
Lowlander

Re: Problem w/ syncing videos to iPod Classic

Post by Lowlander »

Supported Formats is complicated, you also have to deal with Video and Audio Codec within the video file.

Are you sure that the files do match Support Formats AND no rules would still convert them?