New user Guidance on Sync-ing (Sony NW-A45)

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Freddie101

New user Guidance on Sync-ing (Sony NW-A45)

Post by Freddie101 »

Hi All,
I've just downloaded and am starting to use MM Gold in support of my new Sony NW-A45 MP3 player and have to admit I'm struggling a little.
I've imported all of my tracks into MM OK and so that's not an issue. However, I'm struggling to get them onto the Sony player. It's connected and I can see the drive letter for the player (I) and it's SD card (J). I've also downloaded the MM Device/Plug-in "SD_Card" (d_WMDM.dll) and this is now selected in the Options, Portable Device Sync field.
I have tried dragging some tracks from the main Music library window on the PC to the Sony and when I click on the SD Card drive (J) I can see them listed on my PC screen, but when I disconnect the Sony they are not there.
i'm not sure if this is the solution or not but I've also downloaded the "Sony NW-A45/NW-A40 Series 1.0" Device profile....but cannot work out how to get this installed into MM!
I thought it would all be as simple as using my old Ipod and Itunes....but alas no.......I'm guessing that as I'm a newbie this is going to be something really obvious and apols for the stupid question, but if anyone can help it would be very much appreciated as I've now been at this for the last 4 hours and am almost at the point of giving up and downloading Sony Music Centre!
Thanks for any help you can give.

Fred

PC: Windows 7 HP 64 bit.
Sony NW-A45, 128GB SD card.
MMG version: 4.1.23.1881
Lowlander

Re: New user Guidance on Sync-ing (Sony NW-A45)

Post by Lowlander »

Freddie101

Post by Freddie101 »

Hi Lowlander,
Thanks for the detailed response - In MM I can certainly see the SD card mounted within the Sony device, although not the Sony device itself (both are present in Windows Explorer. So I downloaded the Generic Audio/Portable Device and added this to my Extensions as advised. I then restarted MM but when I go to Tools, Options, Portable Device Sync I can still only see the SD card listed. If I select the SD card and then Configure, I get a 'SD_Card This Device Is Not Connected' message.
A couple of days ago I was getting a message that said i did not have authority to edit tracks but i am set up as the Administrator on my PC. Today, when i start MM I am getting an error message that says "cannot delete C:\Users\my name\AppData\Local\Temp\868379.tmp Access is denied. This file may be in use or you may not have access rights". I don't know whether this bears any relevance to the above problem or not.
Any advice you can give would be great as this is very frustrating.
Thanks,
fred
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Does it show under Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync? If disabled there it won't show in the Media Tree when the device is connected.

The temp error generally indicates that MediaMonkey (the Windows User it is run as) doesn't have rights to remove files from the folder.
Freddie101

Post by Freddie101 »

Yes the 128GB SD card in the Sony shows up, but not the Sony device itself (it has 16GB memory in the device). However, when I select the SD card and Configure, it says the device isn't connected (it's definitely plugged in and connected to my PC as I can see it in Windows Explorer).
Fred.
Freddie101

Post by Freddie101 »

Hi All,
So I'm over a week into having MM on my PC and its still unusable despite sks on this forum offering their help. So I thought it was time to go direct to the MM Support HelpDesk, but when I click on the link it brings me straight back to this Forum. So does MM not have its own technical support help desk?

Fred.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ets/Submit

Capture the connecting of the device in a debug log (step 4b) and attach that to the ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=12&t=69