Podcast genre, synch and removal

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

thewatercarrier

Podcast genre, synch and removal

Post by thewatercarrier »

I use iPodder to download podcasts and then pick them up using mediamonkey. As part of the synch options can I choose to automatically remove the synch'ed podcasts from my HD & MediaMonkey library? Is there an elegant way of making sure that podcasts already synched don't get synch'ed the next time? I use to use the rating to identify on my iPod which podcast I'd listened to and have that as a filter on the podcast playlist. As I'm waiting for my new MP3 player (Zen vision:M) before upgrading to Gold I can't have multiple filters on the auto playlist and this older method is unavailable to me.

On a somewhat related subject, is there a way to get iPodder to tag all downloaded podcasts with a genre of 'Podcast' an option which it offers for iTunes? I know this is a question for the iPodder forums but just thought I'd ask it here in case people had come across the issue using MediaMonkey. BTW, barring disaster when I get my Creative Vision:M I'll definitely be upgrading to MediaMonkey Gold. This is a fantastic product.

Cheers
Alan