Playlists do not Sync with Android

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

macnero

Playlists do not Sync with Android

Post by macnero »

I have been using MM forever because of its seamless syncing with my Android LG V20. I change my playlists every 6 months or so for the last several years without any issues with the Stock Music Player or the Google "Play Music" App.

However, the last month I have been unable to get the Playlists to show up in either app. All of the songs copy over in the correct folder hierarchy, then the playlists copy and the sync completes. The songs are all visible and playable, but the Playlists simply will not show up.

As a temp fix I downloaded the MM App for Android and synced via WiFi which actually worked. But I simply do not want to use the MM App fro a variety of reasons, I just want to stay with the stock apps.

I have searched all of the forums and tried several of the suggestions but cannot get them to work. Please help!

MM 4.1.23.1881
Android 8.0.0
Peke

Re: Playlists do not Sync with Android

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately due the various limitations and standards in Google Scanner only safe way is to use MMW -> MMA sync as that way you will ensure that playlists are correctly synced. If you use USB Sync you can change how playlists are saved on device by editing device profile, but even then it is trial and miss.

NOTE: those limitations were reason why we implemented own way and not to be bound to fixing bugs and changes that others made and do workarounds :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
macnero

Post by macnero »

Ugh. Appreciate the reply and the hard work on a great program. Hopefully someday it will work out to be compatible.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately it is up to Google to implement not only basic support but at least some features that are developed along the main standard and adopted by majority of apps as a standard.

For now it is only possible to implement directly in our apps in order to support more advances, but commonly used features.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts