sync ratings

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Zye1984

sync ratings

Post by Zye1984 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:02 pm

I have just lost near 900 ratings because I cannot find reliable information on how to transfer rating data from an Android device back to the PC. From what I understood, I needed to sync the device to my PC again...well, I did, and instead of the phone ratings going to the PC, it did the opposite.

I am not rating these on my PC. I am rating these on my phone while I am out and about or driving, and planning on putting the ratings BACK on the PC, preferably all at once and not manually one by one.

Please. Please tell me how i can do this successfully in the way that I am trying to do this.

Step, by, step. Please.

If there is a phrase, function, action, or name of something that I would not know what it is because I did not make this program and/or know the ends and outs of metadata and connecting devices, PLEASE elaborate. Exs.: I have no idea what a "Device Profile" is, what it does, or how to use it.

I would IMPLORE you to create some how-to guides somewhere on this site, that is easily found, that are detailed and easily understood so it would avoid people, like myself, from seething in anger from losing weeks/months of progress and having to start over.

I have a windows 10 machine, and a Google Pixel 1st Gen. MMA (paid for) and MMW (not gold).

Lowlander

Re: sync ratings

Post by Lowlander » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:26 am

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device

Which version of MMW and MMA are you using?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Zye1984

Post by Zye1984 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:35 am

I have the latest versions of both MMW and MMA.

Sorry i was a bit brash, i continually have issues with my song files and what happened just put me over the edge. My reply was delayed since MMW happened to still have a playlist of all the songs from MMA up before i synced, so it displayed the ratings. I took screenshots of everything and put the ratings back manually.

I still would like to know how to do this the right way though.

The link tells me how to sync, but i don't see where it says how to do so in a way that takes the MMA info to the MMW version. I may be too tired to understand at this time.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Mon May 13, 2019 11:18 am

In the sync to Library tab you can enable metadata to be synced back.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)