No Playlists on Samsung S10

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

DirtyDan

No Playlists on Samsung S10

Post by DirtyDan »

Hello All,

Attempting to set up MM on my S10 for the first time. Two issues:

1) No Playlists Syncing

I have sync set and the music files are copied to the phone's SD card, but there are no playlists. When I look at the SD card through window's explorer, I can see the M3U files with the playlist titles. However, when I select playlists on the phone app, it is empty. Suggestions?

2) All songs have same picture for album artwork

Of the 1800 songs copied to my phone's SD drive, almost all the music has the same single album artwork instead of each track's proper individual picture, any ideas?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
DirtyDan
Lowlander

Re: No Playlists on Samsung S10

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW and did you do a USB or wifi sync?

2) Does MMW show the correct Artwork? Does MMW consider files belonging to different Albums (only 1 Artwork per Album gets synced)?
DirtyDan

Post by DirtyDan »

Hello,

Thank you for the quick response.

MM version: 4.1.15.1830 and transfer was via USB

Interesting question... none of my artwork is correct on the computer either (hadn't noticed until it appeared on the mobile device). I will attempt to re-download artwork, somehow.

Regards,
DirtyDan
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Update to MMW 4.1.24: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... =8811&sd=d

And yes, if MMW has the wrong Artwork it will also sync wrong to MMA.
mbergeron15

Post by mbergeron15 »

My tablet was originally on Android 9 and it updated automatically to Android 10. After that I experienced too a problem with empty playlists.

I have found no solution to this problem.

So I ressetted the tablet to its factory core and had to parametrize the tablet once more. It was back to Android 9 and the playlists worked perfectly again. To avoid returning to 10, I set off the option to install updates via wi-fi.

So far it solved the problem but it would be a better option if Samsung solved the problem under Android 10. It must be a slight programming glitch but they don't seem to be interested in it.