Convert When Syncing

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

jofekaan

Convert When Syncing

Post by jofekaan »

Hello everyone! I just came back to MediaMonkey after 15-ish years away. I've been using Music Bee for the past year, but I started getting nostalgic and wanted to see what MediaMonkey looked like these days. Anyway! Most of my files were stupidly ripped as .m4a ranging from 320kbps to lossless, because for years I (stupidly, again) used iTunes. Now I have a car that won't recognize .m4a, but I want to be able to listen to my 15+ years of ripped CDs. There was an awesome feature in Music Bee that let me auto-convert files when syncing to a USB while leaving the file types intact on my hard drive. Does MediaMonkey have this feature? I just want to be able to batch convert my 320kbps .m4a files to 320kbps .mp3 files only when syncing. I quickly looked for others asking this, so I may have missed a million previous posts telling a simple setting to click. All I noticed were people talking about coding it to do this...and I don't know much about coding. I also looked through the settings, but did not see any option for this. Thanks for any help!
Lowlander

Re: Convert When Syncing

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, you can set Auto-Conversion rules in the Device Profile which will sync converted versions leaving original intact.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... Tracks/4.0