Auto-sync file metadata from laptop to MMW not working

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

paulonl

Auto-sync file metadata from laptop to MMW not working

Post by paulonl »

Hi,

I'm using MMW (4.1.24.1883) with dUSBMass1.dll (4.1.6.1720) to sync music on my NAS using a playlist to a folder on my laptop. This all works fine except for metadata. Changes to metadata on the laptop, typically the 'comments' tag, is not synced back to MMW. I have verified that the updated metadata exists by viewing the tags in mp3tag and can read in into MMW by refresing the file folder on the laptop. I'm not syncing anything else (files, playlists, ...) back from the laptop to MMW, just the metadata.

I have read that this has been an error in MMA, see http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=91285. Could it be that the same problem exists in the dUSBMass1.dll? Or is there something else I'm missing.

A related question I have is whether this functionality will sync back to the original MMW file on the NAS which was on the playlist? This is what I would like but I haven't seen it happen (yet).

Thanks,
Paulo
Lowlander

Re: Auto-sync file metadata from laptop to MMW not working

Post by Lowlander »

Only MMA offers sync of metadata back to MMW. d_USBMass doesn't offer this.
paulonl

Post by paulonl »

Ok, is that something that's planned for implementation at some future date?

Otherwise it might be useful to remove this option from the USBMass device configuration screens. It has taken me considerable time to investigate this...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I doubt this will happen as sync back of metadata depends on the device database at this point, MMA provides this database to MMW.
paulonl

Post by paulonl »

Ok, then it would be logical to remove the option to sync the metadata to avoid confusion.