Unable to wirelessly synchronize with MediaMonkey for Android.

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

CountZeroOr

Unable to wirelessly synchronize with MediaMonkey for Android.

Post by CountZeroOr »

Hello,

I'm currently having problems synchronizing with MediaMonkey for Android on my Android G6 phone. When I attempt to sync, I get a "Connection Refused by Remote Server" error. The device is set up to be able to sync in the app itself. I have restarted both the phone and my Windows 10 computer.

Additionally, when I attempt to view the MediaMonkey Library through uPnP on my phone, the phone sees that the library that is there, but the connection attempt times out. The MediaMonkey Service hadn't started under Services.MSC, so I started the service, but that did not fix either issue.

I am able to sync over USB, but that has a couple of other problems (it doesn't delete played podcasts off the device like it's supposed to).

Can anyone help?
Peke

Re: Unable to wirelessly synchronize with MediaMonkey for Android.

Post by Peke »

Hi,
"Connection Refused by Remote Server" means that either computer or app you try to access refuses connection. Second one should be solvable if you go to server settings and remove allowed prmissions an dthen go to G6 Sync Profile (Same one you use for USB) and disable WiFi sync Access. After that set you should try to WiFi Sync and MMW will ask you for access, if not re enable WiFi sync Access and retry.

If you get same results it is possible that windows firewall or router blocks Upnp packets.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

Peke wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:22 pm Hi,
"Connection Refused by Remote Server" means that either computer or app you try to access refuses connection. Second one should be solvable if you go to server settings and remove allowed prmissions an dthen go to G6 Sync Profile (Same one you use for USB) and disable WiFi sync Access. After that set you should try to WiFi Sync and MMW will ask you for access, if not re enable WiFi sync Access and retry.

If you get same results it is possible that windows firewall or router blocks Upnp packets.
That fixed it - thank you. I did have a weird bit where after I disabled WiFi Sync Access, I wasn't able to get out of the options menu and had to kill the process for MediaMonkey in Windows. The setting had changed when I re-opened the software and I was able to sync then, but it was still kinda weird.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That crash would explain something was blocking MMW settings.

Please let us know if problem return.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts