iphone 6s and IOS 13 not syncing

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

nosajh9

iphone 6s and IOS 13 not syncing

Post by nosajh9 »

Really odd issue. I downloaded the latest beta version 4.1.25.1888 to work with IOS 13 and was able to sync an album last night with no problems. This morning on several computers, and after restarting my phone several times, I can no longer sync. Each computer has the latest version of itunes installed and the latest MediaMonkey beta as above. On the Windows 7 computer, the status bar shows syncing and then MediaMonkey closes out unexpectedly and I only show one song as being transferred. On the Windows 10 computer, the status bar shows the same thing, but only the program freezes and has to be closed with task manager and still only transferred the first song. Tried several different albums with the same results. I also notice the rotating symbol showing device synchronazation on my iphone (top right next to battery indicator) randomly turns off and on during the syncing process, I dont remember seeing this while syncing using MediaMonkey before IOS 13. There are also random stops or hangups during the syncing process that I dont recall seeing before. Its weird this worked last night and not today, even though no changes were made to my phone or the programs settings since. Maybe issues are still being worked on since the release of IOS 13, and I will wait for a new beta build.
Peke

Re: iphone 6s and IOS 13 not syncing

Post by Peke »

Hi,
New beta should be released very soon, It is possible that it is some quirk. Also we have received that iTunes in rare case update to Store version and remove/corrupt desktop version that interrupts sync with all third party apps including MMW.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jefftiger

Post by jefftiger »

I see the same issues as the original poster when trying to sync music on my iPhone 8 using iOS 13. There are unexpected hangs and a general slowness in trying to put music on my iPhone. This is with the latest beta (1889).
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Then please open support Ticket and create Debug log as described at https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=1&t=69
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
russer99

Post by russer99 »

Hi having similar problems I’m running latest MM4 and trying to sync an iPhone 6s but every single time it try’s to sync the MM crashes and closes itself.I tried it last night with an iPad 2 and it worked fine. So it seems to me that Apple has put something in it’s latest software to prevent MM syncing therefore forcing people back to there crap iTunes!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which exact version of MediaMonkey, iTunes and iOS are you using?
russer99

Post by russer99 »

Hi Lowlander I’m using an
iPhone 6s 128gb
iOS 13.2
iTunes 12.10.2
MediaMonkey 4.1.25.1895
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

iOS 13.2 was pulled by Apple due to problems with homepod, this may affect other parts too (Apple Music went do shortly after). You're always welcome to capture a sync in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=12&t=69