Sync with Gigabeat

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

citanuleht

Sync with Gigabeat

Post by citanuleht »

I found out about MediaMonkey from the Gigabeat forum. I have started using it, and have found it to be superior to anything else I have used in a lot of ways. However, I have a question about synchronization:

When I have it sync my entire library, every time I plug in the device, it starts to recopy EVERY file in my library, even if they haven't changed at all. If I try to stop it in the middle, the Gigabeat is only aware of the songs that were able to be copied again. This is very annoying, as it takes about 15 hours to copy the entire library.

I have a slight work-around, where I only have it sync a certain group of files, then a different group, etc. However, this doesn't seem to help much, as it still scans every song on the device to see if it's supposed to sync them, before it starts to sync the new files. This takes almost as long.

Ideally, I want to get all the songs on the device, then just be able to use MediaMonkey to sync new songs, and playlists. (Playlists were the main reason I downloaded the software in the first place, because I can use it to send standard M3U lists to the device, something that Gigabeat Room won't allow).

Any advice someone can offer about this would be appreciated. Thank you.