Random songs won't synch to SD card in phone

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

8trackkid

Random songs won't synch to SD card in phone

Post by 8trackkid »

I have been enjoying Media Monkey having gotten away from iTunes for good finally. I have problem I can't figure out. I moved my library of songs (about 2,000) to my SD card on my Andriod phone using USB synch. It is a Samsung phone. Towards the end of the synch it moves really slow (5 minutes+ per song) and then finally when finished has a box saying there was a problem with the following songs. It is about 72 of them. And sure enough they aren't on my phone. But they are visible and play fine in the MM desktop program. I tried to play them on my phone with PowerAmp and MM app but they aren't there. All of the rest of my library came over perfectly.
The "problem" files are random, one song or two off an entire CD that the other 12 songs are fine. They all are from CDs I ripped from my home collection, all at the same time. Nothing in their details appear different from their brothers and sisters that came over okay (bitrates, format, MHZ, version of iTunes they came from etc.)

Seems like if the files are corrupt they wouldn't play okay in MM on my PC. Is that a faulty assumption?

I tried to do a "Send To" my phone for one of the songs and it hung there for 20 minutes until I terminated it and then it threw up the problem with the song screen again.

Any ideas?
Lowlander

Re: Random songs won't synch to SD card in phone

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW and MMA?

It might be worth it to capture the Send To fail of one of these songs in a debug log (step 4b and attach to Support Ticket): https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=12&t=69
8trackkid

Post by 8trackkid »

Thanks Lowlander. I will look into the debug log thing when I get a chance.

In the meantime, I am on MMW 4.1.25.1895 and MMA 1.3.5.0872
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I suggest that you upgrade MMA to latest beta thru ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Apply for Beta
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts