help syncing playlist with Sony NW A105 series

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

alettey

help syncing playlist with Sony NW A105 series

Post by alettey »

I have a Sony NW A107 (it's just a higher memory version of the more commonly distributed A105) digital audio player. I'm using MediaMonkey to sync my music library with it and in terms of the songs themselves these work fine. However, the playlist from MediaMonkey isn't recognized by the player. I checked the devices available and only the older NW A45/A40 series is up.
Can anyone recommend how to sync the playlists without the device profile or is MediaMonkey coming up with a device profile for the newer A105 series any time soon?
Thanks!
Jamethiel

Re: help syncing playlist with Sony NW A105 series

Post by Jamethiel »

Hi: I've got the NW-A105, and I found they were fine with just using the NW-45 settings and changing the paths so it output music in the music folder (without the subfolders of album/artist etc.)

With Playlists, I just chose the playlist format as M3U8. with force relative paths, use linux separator and use unicode ticked. I put the destination directory as \MUSIC\ but I may have to fiddle with it for playlists or something to get podcast playlists working. It worked fine. (Using mediamonkey is CONSIDERABLY quicker than software!)
Peke

Re: help syncing playlist with Sony NW A105 series

Post by Peke »

Hi,
NW-A105 Should be able to install MMA Pro thru Play store, that way you should not worry about podcasts and playlists.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts