SD card no longer recognised as portable device. Can I match it up again with original profile?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Vladimir

SD card no longer recognised as portable device. Can I match it up again with original profile?

Post by Vladimir »

Have been having lots of issues with syncing for sometime and only just discovered the "root location" had been changed in my device profile to /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey/files/

(thanks to this post http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83185

So I deleted Mediamonkey from my phone and everything from SD card to start afresh.
To avoid the Android issues above, I wanted to start by taking the SD card out of phone and syncing it directly.

But now the card will not match up with any of my existing Portable Device profiles. Although I had previously used this method this in the past (removing card and syncing direct).

I tried exporting the "Android>SD Card" profile and then importing to the new "SD card only" profile, but it did not remember all the selective playlists I had chosen to sync (lots of them!). Should this method even be used, or is export/import profiles only for the same type of devices?

How does MM recognise devices anyway? Should I have left some file(s) behind on the card so my previous profiles still matched up?
Lowlander

Re: SD card no longer recognised as portable device. Can I match it up again with original profile?

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey stores an ID for the device on the card when it comes to Android/SD sync. So, if you wipe the card this would now be seen as a new card.

Device Profiles don't contain sync selection when exported as this is tied to a specific database, whereas the exported Device Profile can be used on other MediaMonkey installs.
Vladimir

Re: SD card no longer recognised as portable device. Can I match it up again with original profile?

Post by Vladimir »

Hmmm for some reason I am not being notified of replies even though "Subscribe Topic" is ticked.

Is it just the StorageInfo.xml the only file that is needed to identify?

OK, so there is no way to copy/transfer the list of playlists to another device profile then? Is that info stored in the db file rather than ini?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, the sync list is in the database (as it references IDs of items, not names).

StorageInfo.xml seems to be how MMW tracks a device.
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

OK, I'll make sure to save that one if I wipe card again then!

Thanks for your help on this and other topic Lowlander :D