SongID assigned -1 value ???

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

TheoOrl45

SongID assigned -1 value ???

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Hi everybody,

Thank for the previous help you gave me.
Now, I'm facing another problem... In MediaMonkey, I clicked on a directory which list all the included items, guessing the title and artist from the file name.

I created a script in order to fill some information and rename the file. For renaming the file, I use the SongID field. But, when I try to access this field, this is a -1 value that is returned...

Why ?
What should I do for MediaMonkey distributing a SongID to the item it found in the directory I see ?

Thanks for your help. Each day, I discover the power of MediaMonkey and I begin to love it !!!

--
Theo
Bex

Re: SongID assigned -1 value ???

Post by Bex »

It means that the track is not scanned into the library. It can also happen if you run the scripts on tracks from the My Computer node.
To easily see different values from different tracks you select, try this script:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=25935
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Bex,

Your script is very handy, great !!

But, what should I do to add the item in MM3 database ?? I need a unique integer value to rename the file and SongID is the best way to do it. Is there any way to force MM3 to add the item and to give it a unique songID number ???

Thanks a lot.

--
Theo
Bex

Post by Bex »

Simply add/rescan your music to MM. Press <insert>.

Is that what you mean?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

<Insert> ?

I don't know if I correctly tell you my need.
I don't have any playlist. Indeed, I only use the "My computer" node because I need the items list be updated as soon as I add an audio file in the directory.

I have 1 main folder, and 2 sub-folders. In the first one, there are more than 800 audio files (MP2 format). In the second one, there are only more than 10 audio files (mp2 format too).
With the first one, no problem : my MM3 script finds SongID field with a value. But, with the second one, my MM3 script finds no value (like your script does).

I tried to press F5 to "rescan", but SongID still remains empty.... (I mean -1 value). So....I don't know what I can do.... :-?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

TheoOrl45 wrote:<Insert> ?

I don't know if I correctly tell you my need.
I don't have any playlist. Indeed, I only use the "My computer" node because I need the items list be updated as soon as I add an audio file in the directory.

I have 1 main folder, and 2 sub-folders. In the first one, there are more than 800 audio files (MP2 format). In the second one, there are only more than 10 audio files (mp2 format too).
With the first one, no problem : my MM3 script finds SongID field with a value. But, with the second one, my MM3 script finds no value (like your script does).

I tried to press F5 to "rescan", but SongID still remains empty.... (I mean -1 value). So....I don't know what I can do.... :-?
Rescan = File -> Add/rescan tracks to the library
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Ok, I will try tonight.
Thank for your help :-)
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

I probably miss something.

There is no difference when I do "Files -> Add track to the library"...
I think I'm doing something wrong... it's quite anoying....
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Ok Ok, I'm sorry...

I find out what I was doing wrong. For having a SongID value, I have to call "updateDB" once....

Until now, I was working with field BEFORE calling the updateDB. So, the values was not saved in the database....^^ If I call first "updateDB" and after, I try working with the fields, it's better :-)

Thanks for your help everybody !!