How can I find out what events an object has?

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Nanya

How can I find out what events an object has?

Post by Nanya »

The MM scripting wiki is woefully incomplete, so finding information from there is hit or miss, generally. Is there any way I can find out what events I can use with a particular object?

For example, through searching in this forum, I've discovered that I SDBUITrackBar has an OnChange event, but not an OnClick event.
Is there any code I can use that will return a list of events or something?
(I'm very new at this, so I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense.)
Last edited by Nanya on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
trixmoto

Re: How can I find out what events a object has?

Post by trixmoto »

You've reminded me of a little utility I used to use which allowed you to open the MediaMonkey.exe file in it and it listed all of the exposed methods and properties, some kind of COM viewer, but I can't remember the name. I'll have a look and if I can find a copy then I'll post it.

Having said that, I've found that whilst the wiki can lack detail, it is usually fairly accurate in listing what is available. For example, with the TrackBar it does show that there's a "OnChange" event but not an "OnClick" event, as you've said.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Nanya

Post by Nanya »

Yeah, I just put that OnChange event there!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ah right, ok :) I can't find the tool I used to use, it's been a few years so I doubt I'll be able to find it on a backup somewhere.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.