Is There a SCRIPTING TEST for PARTY MODE??

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Just Guessing

Is There a SCRIPTING TEST for PARTY MODE??

Post by Just Guessing »

In party mode, the direct editing of TAGS is unavailable. Perfect. However, some of my scripts for tag input are working just fine in party mode. That's a problem.

I could easily add an "If .player.IsPartyMode Then Exit Sub" sorta-thing inside any script that is a concern, if there was ANY test out there to check for this state. I have truly done my homework and scoured for hours, but haven't found any leads or solutions.

Anybody got a tip?
trixmoto

Re: Is There a SCRIPTING TEST for PARTY MODE??

Post by trixmoto »

Good idea! But not that I'm aware of, sorry. You should add it on Mantis.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Just Guessing

Post by Just Guessing »

Well there ya go; its in the oven. That's cool.

Many thanks for the info.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Wouldn't it be better if this was a property we could check, rather than an event?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Bex

Post by Bex »

I guess you are right. But it fairly easy to create one from the event within the script.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, but then every script has to register it's own event and hold it's own variable. An event is useful, but I hope there will be a property as well.
Just Guessing

Post by Just Guessing »

I was struck last night by the same thought - this really isn't what I need. It does seem that this will be an event, not a check for a 'state', right?

I have a 144 hot-key Cherry keyboard (excellent addition to a music setup BTW), most keys of which sent an argument to an external vbs script to access the DB and input tags. Its extremely cool - BUT in a partymode environment, after a few beers, the impulse to press the little buttons and see what happens will be overwhelming for guests. It must be addressed or my meticulous tagging efforts will be a joke. Its perhaps premature to worry about this, but I will HAVE to solve this issue soon.

It occurs to me I could do this (once MM4.1 arrives):

1) have an AUTO script that registers the event of PartyModeEnabled/Disabled and accesses a self-created registry key, toggling it 1/0

2)Dangerous scripts for tagging (which may well exist outside MM!), begin with a check of that registry key for the 1/0 before proceeding.

That should work right? Is there a cleaner way to accomplish this?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, that's the only way I can see of doing it at the moment, registering an event which fires when it changes and updates a setting somewhere, be it the registry, ini file, or global object. I'm not sure how you find out whether MM is currently in party mode or not though - assuming the event only fires when someone changes it, how do you know the original setting?
Bex

Post by Bex »

I added a wish to implement InPartyMode to the original request:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=9649

All My Scripts