Creating of a new popup menu possible ?

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Andreas Weichert

Creating of a new popup menu possible ?

Post by Andreas Weichert »

I want to create a new popup menu in my own form/panel, triggered by a button click or a right mouse-click. Is it possible ?
For example I search a simple and quick way to switch of the a panel caption, similar in the CD-Cover panel "Show Title bar".
A popup menu would reduce the need of a lot of buttons.
My Scripts
Take a look on my Android app Time Sheriff – the extensive all-in-one timer/reminder.
trixmoto

Re: Creating of a new popup menu possible ?

Post by trixmoto »

I don't think you can have a popup menu, but you could have a "Menu" link that you click and this shows another panel with links, each one you click on would close the panel. This would look similar to a menu, if done right, but would be all left clicks. Does that make sense?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Andreas Weichert

Post by Andreas Weichert »

trixmoto wrote:I don't think you can have a popup menu, but you could have a "Menu" link that you click and this shows another panel with links, each one you click on would close the panel. This would look similar to a menu, if done right, but would be all left clicks. Does that make sense?
Indeed this makes sense, to simulate a popup with a panel. Some difference remains resp. are coding-work to avoid it:
Open the panel near the mouseclick and avoid that the panel opens out of the sceen and a panel closes not if I click out of the panel.
I will make some experiments...
Thank you for the tip.
My Scripts
Take a look on my Android app Time Sheriff – the extensive all-in-one timer/reminder.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yeah, it's not something I've tried before, so I'm not sure how feasible it is to make it look good, but hopefully it's a starting point. Adding a proper context menu option to the API would be better :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.