sorting abums (# please move if appropiate)

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

larsmark

sorting abums (# please move if appropiate)

Post by larsmark »

heres what I am trying to achive with my collection,,
background,,

currently I have a bunch of files some sorted by Album, some just not,
some of the album folders currently have mutliple copies of songs,
some of the album folders are currently missing tracks due to them being in the misc folder not tagged properly

it is quite possible that the following can already be achieved however im unable to workout how, please offer your assistance,,

what I would like to achieve is when looking up albums to preform the following:

Identify the last identified track in album IE: in case of MY copy of revolver: The Beatles - 01/14 - Tomorrow Never Knows

find the first match from online source with the track in the right place, (ranked so as to avoid compilation where possible), thus I believe increasing the likely hood of matching the most appropriate copy of Album, IE special/re-releases with extra tracks,

search collection for Artist\track in following path order:
* Identified "last" track location
* unprocessed file collection
* Processed File collection*copy only

Move files to a user selected path

so the end result should be a group of files correctly taged, sorted by Album, and remaining files being either duplicates of files already sorted or unsortable IE invalid artist/title

:footnote, not sure how to handle variances in artist/title, maybe backup tags to custom field before correcting then if unsuccessful at finding tracks with identfied names, try original, or "assume" track titles have already been checked against online sources, (I have issues where some tracks have be identified and "fixed" online, but the album names are all over the place, ie matched to various albums)

Thanks for your assistance
Lowlander

Re: sorting abums (# please move if appropiate)

Post by Lowlander »

Not possible.

Duplicates: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... icleid=113
Tagging (iTunesMonkey may be helpful): http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ip#p316877
Renaming/Moving files: Tools > Options > Auto-Organize
larsmark

Post by larsmark »

Thanks Lowlander,,
using media monkey to remove duplicates is not the purpose of this post, however it is a great side effect,
thanks for pointing me to Itunesmonkey, looks good, dont have my songs with me to checkout
re:auto organise, thats what placed multiple copies of the files in the album in the first place,, but doesnt help if for example itunes monkey has correctly identified all the song artist/titles but not the right album,,,
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Auto-Organize uses your tags, as you edit tags it will update the files. I personally don't like it (done automatically), thus I use Tools > Auto-Organize Files on selected files.