To Skin or To Script Interface?

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Should I skin it or script it?

You may select 1 option

View results

TankCR

To Skin or To Script Interface?

Post by TankCR »

All, I am having a hard time deciding which direction to go with a project. The end result should be a large button player with a few simple necessities.
The player is meant as a car deck interface, so the end user would need the standard player buttons as well as the album art and track info status bar and such. But here is where I get a little more complicated. I want to display a tab option to view Genre, another tab to view Playlists, and another to view Equalizer. I am thinking that it would also be nice to display a large and simplistic Audio Visualizer. Everything has to be large and clunky so that a driver isn't having to do pinpoint accuracy.
If I did this as a skin it would be a static single look, maybe a mini player enlarged to full screen. However if I scripted it I could grab the elements of whatever skin the end user selects then rearrange and enlarge already existing elements. Of course that would look fine with some skins and bad with others. What do you all think?
TankCR
rovingcowboy

Re: To Skin or To Script Interface?

Post by rovingcowboy »

Have you checked out the car guru's post.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=57678
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
TankCR

Post by TankCR »

That is certainly the direction I am headed, perhaps some graphical mods and a bit of sizing and cleanup and that will be perfect...
TankCR
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

TankCR wrote:But here is where I get a little more complicated. I want to display a tab option to view Genre, another tab to view Playlists, and another to view Equalizer.
This wouldn't be possible with a skin. (based on MM's current skin engine)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
TankCR

Post by TankCR »

I have already started writing the code, lol.
TankCR