Free VBS script editor

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Just Guessing

Free VBS script editor

Post by Just Guessing »

Just a heads up;

Admin Script Editor is a program that WAS rather expensive, had some bugs, but which I found EXTREMELY helpful for script efforts.

Apparently the company couldn't sustain the effort and has recently offered the program for FREE. Its definitely worth THAT price!!!!!

I'll try putting the link here, but if that gets scrubbed as violation of rules (cant remember if it is allowed) just google AdminScriptEditor Itninja and itripoli

http://www.itninja.com/community/admin-script-editor
Just Guessing

Re: Free VBS script editor

Post by Just Guessing »

A challenging bug I ran into with this program and should point out:

the FORMAT ENTIRE SCRIPT button is very useful. When working in VBS in ASE ver3.5 it did, however, add a space after a "&" if one defined a color as "color = &ffffff" - thus breaking that code. I learned to watch for that, and still used the button regularly.

Now in v4, the FORMAT button adds a space after the "I" in any "IF" statement ( so it becomes "I f x = y then"). This is much more annoying. I think this should be correctable in a definition xml file or such, but its not obvious to me so far. If anybody spots a fix for this PLEASE let me know. Otherwise the FORMAT button is very handy!

UPDATE: I think I know why the authors let v4 go for free; their effort to rewrite v3 became wildly BUGGY.
v3.5 was quite stable compared to this one. Must say, Mediamonkey, Jaikoz, and v3.5 of this program are my fav software of 2014.