Undo Volume Analyzing v1.01 [Script]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DiddeLeeDoo

Undo Volume Analyzing v1.01 [Script]

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

In the process of working with Replay Gain etc. I made this script to Undo the MediaMonkey Volume Analyzing.

This one also update the tags, to clean out MediaMonkey Replay Gain there too.

Changelog
1.00 - 1.01 : Minor detail in displaying the progress.

Goes to
' \Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\Menu_UndoAnalyzeVolume.vbs

Undo Analyze Volume will appear in the Tools Menu after restarting MediaMonkey.

Code: Select all

'-------------------------------------------------------------------
' \Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\Menu_UndoAnalyzeVolume.vbs
'
' Version: 1.01
' Date: 24 September 2006
' By DiddeLeeDoo
'-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub OnStartup
Set Mnu=SDB.UI.AddMenuItem(SDB.UI.Menu_Tools,4,2)
    Mnu.Caption=SDB.Localize("Undo Analyze Volume")
    Mnu.IconIndex=39
    Mnu.UseScript=Script.ScriptPath
    Mnu.OnClickFunc="UndoVol"
End Sub

Sub UndoVol(o)
    If SDB.SelectedSongList.Count>0 Then
      Set dbT=SDB.SelectedSongList
      Set Prg=SDB.Progress
          Prg.MaxValue=dbT.Count-1
          Prg.Text=SDB.Localize("Undoing Volume Analyzing...")
             For i=0 To dbT.Count-1
             Set Sng=dbT.Item(i)
                 Sng.Leveling=-999999
                 Sng.UpdateDB
                 Sng.WriteTags
                 Prg.Value=i
              If Prg.Terminate Then Exit For
             Next
      Set Prg=Nothing
      Set dbT=Nothing
    Else
      SDB.MessageBox SDB.Localize("Please select the tracks to be processed"), mtError, Array(mbOk)
    End If
End Sub
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

thank you i'll try this one out on the songs i have that monkey
won't anaylize for me. maybe there is something done on them
already?

hopefully this will fix them and i get them anaylized.

its really strange the songs wont get anaylized on my win9x systems.
but i bring them here to the xp and they will be anaylized on this xp.

so it is something with monkey on the old os. like maybe it uses a different code on this xp then what the old 9x wants to see? :-?

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I do not know much about OS differences, and I do not really know if undoing the Analyzing done will fix it. Especially since they work on one system, and not the other.

Here I got annoyed with unreliability. Somehow the analyzing that's been done already became 'forgetful'. A song already analyzed could blow up in full volume. By redoing the analyzing it suddenly got 'normal' again.

All up, I got sick of the unreliabilty and now doing the whole collection with MP3Gain & Foobar2000 that to me lookes like doing 'Genuine' reply gain values in the tags. An in_ plug-in reading these values should bypass MediaMonkey Reply Gain, and hoping for better reliability that way.

Gonna take some days to analyze them all though..

BTW, just did a quantum test on the script, and doing thousands of files at once works fine...
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep it did all the files i selected just took time on the slow cpu.

but i still can't anaylize the songs on that dang win9x system.?

oh well, i just won't do it to them, it kind of does not matter too much
since i use a dsp plug in to keep the song's all at the same volume on the out put to the speakers. i just wanted to make it a little easier on the cpu as it would have had a guide to look at for them.

but this script works as you made it too,

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
harrybirney

Post by harrybirney »

Many thanks for this script, works like a charm
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

DiddeLeeDoo wrote:All up, I got sick of the unreliabilty and now doing the whole collection with MP3Gain & Foobar2000 that to me lookes like doing 'Genuine' reply gain values in the tags. An in_ plug-in reading these values should bypass MediaMonkey Reply Gain, and hoping for better reliability that way
Although i cannot be sure, I think that MM is using the Mp3Gain as well so there will be no problems reading that value from files that MpeGain has normalize. Using file monitor or rescaning your files should add those values inside MM
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Later on I think it might have been related to MPC files. I was trying to study the MediaMonkey system of Volume Analyzing by reading the help file, and also reading the files in a hex editor.

Seems like MP3s use a ID3v2 standard of Replay Gain values in their tags. MPC files seems to get Replay Gain values stored in the comment field in MediaMonkey?

With MP3Gain I get APE2 tags with Track & Album Replay Gain values, and APE2 tags is a very reliable standard as far as I know.

All up, every track in my library now feature APE Tags containing Replay Gain values, and the in_plug-ins read these with no problem.

Acutally the whole Volume Analyzing issue is a delight at the moment. No problems at all. I really enjoy it!!!

I did not think of MediaMonkey's Volume Analyzing as a problem before 2.5.4. I do not even know if it is a problem, or if I just ran into a bad luck track. Anyways, I do not regret having done it in APE tags.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Never worked with MPC files. 99% of my files are mp3s at various bitrates (CBR & VBR) and never had problems with MM's internal volume analyzer...

Perhaps is a bad luck after all... :lol: :lol:
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Good for you. :)

Unfortunately for me, I found retagging tracks, reanalyze them again in MediaMonkey was no longer a good investment of time. Frustration with it all made four full days of doing them in APE tags seem a much better investment.

These random 'pain in the butt' problems are frustrating, and getting rid of them leaves time to do more interesting things.

If genuine APE2 tags were an option in MediaMonkey, I for sure would do my whole library in APE2 tags only. Simple and solid have always given me the most satisfaction in computing.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

I'm the same, all files are mp3 and I analyse the volume and level on playback @ 89db.

Apart from the very rare sound glitch I have never had any problem.

Though there is a minutely noticable lack of fidelity I think, which recovers by turning the volume up a bit - which sounds a bit back to front really doesn't it!

But I would add, this is a good script to have in case I want to clean the library and re-analyse.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

That sort of confirm what I suspected after doing all of this. That it is related to MPC's, and not so much the MP3's. Hope to find a way to prove it one day, takes time though.
colla

Post by colla »

Thank you, this script works perfectly.
genegraham

Album Volume?

Post by genegraham »

I used the script Menu_UndoAnalyzeVolume and it seemed to work fine. But while it erased the Track Volume tag, the Album Volume tag is the same.

How can I delete the Album Volume tag?

Thanks
rovingcowboy

Re: Album Volume?

Post by rovingcowboy »

genegraham wrote:I used the script Menu_UndoAnalyzeVolume and it seemed to work fine. But while it erased the Track Volume tag, the Album Volume tag is the same.

Thanks

as you might have seen your the second person in as many years to post here. that should tell you the script was wrote before there was any album volume tag.

but also diddeleedoo is very busy so i'm not sure he will have time to update script from the mm 2.5 version to an mm 3 version yet?

8)
gege

Re: Album Volume?

Post by gege »

genegraham wrote:I used the script Menu_UndoAnalyzeVolume and it seemed to work fine. But while it erased the Track Volume tag, the Album Volume tag is the same.

Thanks
I didn't try this, so use it at your own risk :-)

Edit the script code, adding the following line:
Sng.LevelingAlbum=-999999

The For loop will look like this:

Code: Select all

For i=0 To dbT.Count-1
             Set Sng=dbT.Item(i)
                 Sng.Leveling=-999999
                 Sng.LevelingAlbum=-999999
                 Sng.UpdateDB
                 Sng.WriteTags
                 Prg.Value=i
              If Prg.Terminate Then Exit For