PrettyPictures (Album Art Browser) [MM 3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

Hello,

can someone who was originally having active x issues please edit a file and tell me if they start getting active x issues again.

in "Auto\PrettyPictures", edit FlashPage.html

add this line at the very top (ABOVE <html>)

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
since taking out a variation on that line, scrollbars have been appearing.. putting this line in will prevent them.

let me know if you get any active x issues (try restarting media monkey as well).

thanks,

Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

I added the line... Script works OK. No scrollbars, but on the other hand even without this line i can't see any scrollbars.
About the ActiveX warnings: it seems that the extra elements inside the html tag was causing the trouble...
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

cool.. thanks..

maybe it's my version of IE.

Dale.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hi Dale,
nice work, thanks! Looks great! :D

Although a bug and some suggestions:
-Bug: My compilation albums and soundtracks have the artist "__Compilations" and "__Soundtracks" so that they are on the top. Unfortunately your script doesn't show the albuma arts of these albums. It' has something to do with the "_" because when I renamed a song to "aaaaCompilations" it was shown.
-Suggestion: It would be very useful if your script would remember if AutoExpand and/or AutoContract. Now I have to resize te window all the time because when I activate AutoExpand the window gets bigger than needed. (Maybe two suggestions?)
-Suggestion: It would be nice if it also would show a art on albums with no art. For example an imge with "No art available" or a custom image which can be changed.

But very nice script! Thanks again!
Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

Big_Berny wrote:Bug: My compilation albums and soundtracks have the artist "__Compilations" and "__Soundtracks" so that they are on the top. Unfortunately your script doesn't show the albuma arts of these albums. It' has something to do with the "_" because when I renamed a song to "aaaaCompilations" it was shown.
can you please go to a node in which one of these albums exist... then go to auto/PrettyPictures/Cache/ and send me the _curAlbums.xml file (this changes everytime you change the tracklist.. so make sure you don't change it beofre you send me the file).
Big_Berny wrote:Suggestion: It would be very useful if your script would remember if AutoExpand and/or AutoContract. Now I have to resize te window all the time because when I activate AutoExpand the window gets bigger than needed. (Maybe two suggestions?)
Don't worry.. this was always intended... it's just halfway through development and I thought I should get it out before MM 3.0
Big_Berny wrote:Suggestion: It would be nice if it also would show a art on albums with no art. For example an imge with "No art available" or a custom image which can be changed.
I like this idea.. bare in mind it will still have text over it... but I will include a small image that wil be placed in the background.

Thanks Berny.

Dale.
brianon

Post by brianon »

Hi,

I've added your script and it just displays nothing :(

Seems to start up ok. Logo etc... appears and I can right click to access menu but no album artwork.

I have the latest beta MM.

Regards,
Brian.
pah68

Post by pah68 »

Did you cache the the album art via either of the two new button on your toolbar?

@DaledeSilva
AWESOME script by the way. I love the ability to see album art for any of my AutoPlaylists. This is definately a keeper. :D :D :D

Post by Guest »

brianon, even if you didn't cache.. you should still see white squares with text....

some people have found that if they have many albums.. sometimes it takes too long appearing and I personally have found everynow and then when I view my whole library, it doesn't appear at all..

try clicking on a node with less albums in it and see if it refreshes to show that.

if still no... please look in auto/prettypictures/cache directory (while remaining on the previous node) and post the first 10 lines or so of _curAlbums.xml up here.

thanks,
Dale.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

woops.. that was me.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hi Daledesilva,
sorry for my late answer but I didnt have time the last days.

About the mentioned bug: As I told you the arts of songs with the artist "__Compilations" and "__Soundtracks" are not shown when I am in the artist node. The strange thing is that the arts are shown when I click on the "__Compilations"-node (in the artist-node). So it's not simply the _ which causes the problem... I uploaded the two xml files to my server: www.berneker.ch/Cache.zip

Wish you a nice weekend! Bye
Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

Hi Big Berny, thanks for that.

I renamed all my "various artist" (album artists) to "__Compilations" and "__Soundtracks" to test out the problem.

here is what I suspect it is... you may laugh.

for some reason.. Flash's sorting positions underscores ("_") at the END of the list - not at the start.

I suspect that you may not have checked there as I also would have assumed it would be at the start.

I've looked into how to get this to show at the start... however, it doesn't look like this is easily possible so it's not high on my priority list.

please confirm this for me.
Dale.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

Hello,

http://prettypictures.oiltinman.com
v0.5 is out now and sports the below additions / improvements

- sorting is no longer case sensitive
- pressing any letter will take you to the first album starting with that letter (or artist, depending on sort order).
- visual settings save to files so that they can load up the same next time mediamonkey loads.
- secondary sorting method is automatically set to what was previously the primary sorting method.
- true and false in other languages should be fixed for the mentioned "show/hide" albums without artwork.
- resizing the window manually saves for either current view.
- Expand and Contract should be disappearing correctly now.

Persistent Errors:

the first time you run the plugin... you may get an error that a script in the flash moviie is taking too long. Click yes to abort it and please let me know what node was selected when it occured and how many songs were present in it. restart mediamonkey and it should run fine from then on.

manually resizing the window can still cause errors.. though not always.. if this happens.. restart mediamonkey and try again...
It is best to manually resize before expanding and contracting too much. Also, it is best to uncheck the automatic expand and contract controls before attempting.
not knowing how to prevent this error, I will be including these settings in the options sheet, however, this is not done yet.

apostrophies in album titles and artist names prevent the album properly showing up. (I think)

true and false in other languages could still be a problem with the new additions so please let me know if you're having problems.
Last edited by DaledeSilva on Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

Also...

as well as helping with the development of this script... feel free to trade various VISUAL SETTINGS you create by posting them in this forum.

After editing the visual settings for the first time (click the x and it will save), a couple of files will appear in your "..\PrettyPictures\Cache" directory.

_Settings_Visual-Max.ini &
_Settings_Visual-Min.ini

these contain the settings for each view and can be opened in a text editor so that you need only past the text up here - rather than having to host the file.

here is an example that can be pasted into "_Settings_Visual-Max.ini"
Visual Settings (MAX) wrote:Worm_sliderWidth=150
&ORIGspeedFG=2
&ORIGspeedFGscale=2
&ORIGspeedFGrot=2
&ORIGspeedBGmove=4
&ORIGspeedBGscale=2
&ORIGspeedBGrot=4
&wormAmount=0
&yFGoffset=0
&centreSpace=-0.08
&rotFG=0
&rotFGrand=0
&scaleFG=250
&scaleFGrand=0
&yBGoffset=0
&yBGrand=0
&yBGadd=26
&coverSpace=-0.52
&shadowFGdepth=50
&alphaFG=100
&shadeDepth=0
&shadowBGdepth=0
&shadowBGadd=0
&fadeOutalpha=100
&rotBG=0
&rotBGrand=0
&rotBGadd=12
&scaleBG=0.3
&scaleBGrand=0
&scaleBGadd=15
&Persp=0
&scrollSpeed=2
&preloadNum=8
&clickHoldDelay=8
&doubleClickSpeed=5
&minGesture=50
&mWheelDivider=3
&scaleHmin=1
&scrollSpeedVariation=false
here is an example that can be pasted into "_Settings_Visual-Min.ini"
Visual Settings (MIN) wrote:Worm_sliderWidth=150
&ORIGspeedFG=10
&ORIGspeedFGscale=3
&ORIGspeedFGrot=3
&ORIGspeedBGmove=10
&ORIGspeedBGscale=10
&ORIGspeedBGrot=10
&wormAmount=0
&yFGoffset=0
&centreSpace=1.04
&rotFG=0
&rotFGrand=20
&scaleFG=100
&scaleFGrand=0
&yBGoffset=0
&yBGrand=0
&yBGadd=0
&coverSpace=-0.04
&shadowFGdepth=0
&alphaFG=100
&shadeDepth=41
&shadowBGdepth=54
&shadowBGadd=0
&fadeOutalpha=0
&rotBG=0
&rotBGrand=0
&rotBGadd=0
&scaleBG=1
&scaleBGrand=0
&scaleBGadd=0
&Persp=2
&scrollSpeed=1
&preloadNum=12
&clickHoldDelay=8
&doubleClickSpeed=5
&minGesture=50
&mWheelDivider=3
&scaleHmin=0.3
&scrollSpeedVariation=false
EDIT: I've removed the paragraph that I initially wrote here.. if you read it... you no longer have to worry about spaces and carriage returns... you can copy in these settings to the file AS IS!!
the only easily done thing you need make sure you don't do is add a space or carriage return at the beginning.

don't forget to restart mediamonkey.

have fun, and post your creations (and bug reports) up here.
Dale.
Last edited by DaledeSilva on Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

I just installed the new version, and I truly love it! I look forward to trying out various visual settings :)
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

glad you like it Nebbin,

I just uploaded v0.51...

this contains the edit I mention in my v0.5 post (about spaces - you no longer need to worry about them)

it also has an additional edit; the vertical centering bug for album text, while not fixed properly, is fixed so text will not spill out the top of an album.
(though there doesn't appear to be a proper solution for acurate vertical centering)

Dale.

ps. Nebbin.. if you've saved a bunch of visual settings.. the v0.5 ones will still work.. if you then open the visual options window and close it again.. it will resave them in v0.51 format (though that's only needed if you want to post it on the board.