ExternalTools v1.4 [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

phunkydizco

Post by phunkydizco »

Is it possible to provide an unquoted parameter for the folder path where the mp3 file is stored?

I want to launch an external tool with the folder path and Folder.jpg as filename.

If you would add a parameter e.g. %F for folder path, I could launch the external tool like this:

externaltool.exe "%F\Folder.jpg"
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Sure, inside the source code within "Function Fillin", add

Code: Select all

Fillin = Replace(Fillin, "%F", Left(ThePath, InStrRev(ThePath, "\") - 1), 1, -1, 1)
at the end.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
phunkydizco

Post by phunkydizco »

Thank you. That works perfect.
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

Can anyone help with patching this for MM 3.0 final? I get an error on this line:

Dim SDB : Set SDB = CreateObject("Scripting.SDBApplication")
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

Anybody? Steegy? :roll:
justin_f

Post by justin_f »

Great tool, I've been using it to launch the guitar tab of a song directly from the mp3, which is awesome.

One question though, is there a way to use wildcards in the parameters field?
My issue is that I use a tab software called Guitar Pro, and my files aren't in a uniform file format. Some are .gp3, some are .gp4, and some are .gp5. Currently I have the parameter set as %W, and I put the path of the tab in the Custom 3 field. This is obviously going to take a while to set up completely with a large number tab files. I'd rather be able to do something like %A - %S.gp* and have that work, but I tried and it doesn't seem to.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

I hacked an unexpected use for this tool. I wanted to be able to select any of my songs and launch a web site in an external browser for that artist. So I found a way to hack the use of this script to do just that.

Here's a sample for anyone interested. Its the mediamonkey.ini file entries for two external tools: one to go to the amazon mp3 download page, and another to launch wikipedia, both in firefox. The key is to double-double quote the url so that it is escaped correctly in vbscript. It seems to work correctly with most artist names.

Might be of some use to someone.

Code: Select all

[ExternalTools]
Name1=Amazon MP3s - Artist
Description1=Amazon MP3 Downlds by Artist
ProgramPath1=C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
CLArguments1=""http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_dmusic?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=%A""
ShortcutKeys1=
IsVisible1=True
AppendTracks1=1
IconPath1=C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

Name2=Wikipedia - Artist
Description2=Wikipedia Artist Link
ProgramPath2=C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
CLArguments2=""http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%A""
ShortcutKeys2=
IsVisible2=True
AppendTracks2=1
IconPath2=C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
SpritHansi

Post by SpritHansi »

If I understand correct, I can use this script to get MM3 play my musicvideos in an external player like Winamp?
But how? I've chose Winamp in the setup.
I want to add musicvideos in the playlist, and use Winamp to play them, anf then return to MM3. Is this possible?
Regards
SpritHansi
gege

Post by gege »

Steegy,
I've setup an ExternalTool for MP3gain to apply Album gain on selected tracks (MM leveling is track based only...), like you can see in this picture:

As you can see, I pass the file list to MP3gain with the <%P: > loop.
Works a treat for MOST albums, but for SOME it doesn't. The only thing I could notice is these problematic albums have a high track count or long album names (or both), which results in a very long string passed to the external program as parameter. (But see... I'm just guessing here. I can't prove this...)
See this example album:

It gives me this error:

Could this be an script bug? Or do you think it is a problem with the external program itself?

This made think of a possible workaround.
You could provide another mask: %F which would expand only to the "Folder" where the song is located, not the complete path (Folder + Filename). Oh, and %N could be just the filename, for instance.

With this new mask, I could set up something like this:
C:\Arquivos de programas\MP3Gain\mp3gain.exe /a /k /p %F\*.mp3
(I've tested it in the command prompt and it works fine)
gumbootiner

Re: ExternalTools v1.3 [MM2+3]

Post by gumbootiner »

This looks like it'll come in handy, I use MP3Tag for pre-cleaning before i auto tag with MM3, however I can't seem to get it to work right. It shows up in the context menu and opens mp3tag but not for the current folder, what parameters would i set to do this? Thanks!!
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

(vanished)
Last edited by Eyal on Mon May 11, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Glakke

Post by Glakke »

Hey, I just started using this Script. Works great!
However, I'm wondering if there's way do open with a Tool on specific file-extensions? For example, when I open a file with the extension .wav, I want to use Tool X. Is this possible?
ronnzz

Post by ronnzz »

thanks for giving much better explanation about ExternalTools v1.3 [MM2+3]
Alterx

Post by Alterx »

Hi.

I'm tring to use this tool with a program called Album Art downloader (excellent program to find Album Arts). I'd like to open the program and give them the artist and the title of the album to retrieve the images i want.

Unfortunately, even if i select "run once" and i select just one track in MM, every time i run the External tool script he opens 8 istances of Album Art Downloader with the correct parameters... but 8 it's just a little beyond my needs... i should say :).

Is there anyone who can help me to solve this strange behaviour?

thanks in advance.

Bye

Andrea
ducati

Post by ducati »

Excellent Tool!!!!

I too am having multiple instances of the external program load. Anyway to stop this?