ExternalTools v1.4 [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

lcurry

Re: ExternalTools v1.3 [MM2+3]

Post by lcurry »

Any ideas as per the previous question?

by Glakke on Sun May 10, 2009 1:57 pm

Hey, I just started using this Script. Works great!
However, I'm wondering if there's way do open with a Tool on specific file-extensions? For example, when I open a file with the extension .wav, I want to use Tool X. Is this possible?

I want to open VLC whenever it's time to play a video file...

Thanks
Iggy64

Need Help with External Tools Add-On

Post by Iggy64 »

I am attempting to use the External Tools script to send selected tracks to an external player (XMPlay).

Tracks can be loaded into the XMPlay playlist using the following example command line (in Windows 2000):

"C:\Program Files\XMPlay\XMPlay.exe" -list "D:\Tracks\Mellow Yellow~Donovan.mp3" "D:\Tracks\I Got You~James Brown.mp3"

That command line format works with any number of tracks I have fed into it.

When I try to use this same command line setup in MediaMonkey's External Tools, I run into problems. I am using:

Program Path: C:\Program Files\XMPlay\XMPlay.exe
Parameters: -list %P
Execute Tool: Run it for each selected track

I then select two or three tracks in MediaMonkey and run the script.

This sends the tracks to the XMPlay playlist OK. The problem is, it send them four times. So if I send Tracks A, B, C to XMPlay, the playlist ends up being A,B,C,A,B,C,A,B,C,A,B,C.

I've messed with this for quite some time, and can't find the solution.

Perhaps someone familiar with the script can point out a flaw in my "Parameters" line or some other issue?
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Try with "Running Once" and this parameter:

Code: Select all

-list <"%P:" >
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Iggy64

Post by Iggy64 »

Thanks very much for responding, Eyal.

I tried your suggestion. The script opens XMPlay alright. However, the selected tracks are not fed into the playlist. The playlist remains empty.

I tried a few minor variations of the parameter line you suggested, with no change in the result. I'm getting pretty frustrated with this.

I have a workaround for the time being: I can use my original configuration (which sends the selected tracks four times), and set a switch in XMPlay that does not allow duplicates. That works. But it seems kind of cheesy.

I guess I need to make time to learn more about scripting language.

Regardless, I much appreciate your trying to help me.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Sorry, I made an error with quotation marks. The correct syntax is:

Code: Select all

-list <"%P": >
You can also specify parameter loops by using the syntax: SomeText <LoopParameter:Separator> SomeOtherText
Also I noted that there's a strange bug in the script, making it run 4 times after you change its properties in the options.
Closing and restarting MM fixes this problem.

:~)

Edit: If your purpose is only to play tracks in XMPlay, you can specify it as Winamp player in Tools|Options|Player.
sajjad.ir

Post by sajjad.ir »

i add a tool (WMp- AIMP - , ... ) , script open the program but program's playlist is empty !!

I try some parameter and > :( , i also follow this image http://home.scarlet.be/ruben.castelein/ ... ptions.png and inistall winamp ( :D) but program's playlist is empty again.
Iggy64

Post by Iggy64 »

In reply to Eyal's last post:

Your revised Parameters line did not solve my problem with playing tracks in XMPlay. HOWEVER, your comment about closing and re-launching Mediamonkey turned out to be very important. As you pointed out, the glitch in the External Tools script causes tracks to be sent to the external player 4 times (instead of just once) -- UNTIL you close and re-open MM. I believe I didn't notice this because every time I re-opened MM, I would go into the Options and make some modification in an effort to make the External Tool work. Apparently, you need to make the change, close MM, re-open MM, and use the tool without making any more changes. So now I am successfully sending selected tracks to XMPlay. This works about 98% of the time. Every once in a while, a track gets lost in cyberspace and does not show up in XMPlay. It always goes across on the second try. For the most part, though -- problem solved. Thanks to all who replied with helpful ideas.

Other observations:

I tried the suggestion of specifying XMPlay as Winamp player in Tools > Options > Player. This works just fine. The only problem is that it automatically clears the existing playlist in XMPlay, which I typically don't want to do. Perhaps this has something to do with the settings in XMPlay, so I will explore that.

I have also tried the Export m3u and Play in Winamp script (as reported in an earlier post). I could not get that to work with XMPlay. It will open XMPlay, but not add any tracks to the playlist. If I alter the script by substituting AIMP2 as the player, it works very well. But it will not do so with XMPlay. This may again be due to the fact that XMPlay uses different switches than Winamp (and AIMP2). Now that I have learned a little bit more about these differences, I may take another stab at using this script with XMPlay.
sajjad.ir

Post by sajjad.ir »

Iggy64 wrote :
If I alter the script by substituting AIMP2 as the player, it works very well
which parameter did you use ?
you can find some AIMP2 command in AIMP2's help,something like " /ADD_PLAY , ... " . i use [ /ADD_PLAY <"%P:" > ] as parameter and run the script , selected track placed in AIMP2's list but the player (AIMP2) can't find them in hard drive !! and can't play them .
and another problem is that each track are added 8 time !! (if you selected A,B added AB.AB.AB.AB.AB.AB.AB.AB)
when you select "run it for eachselected track" :

one track add to player 11 time .
tow track add tp player 44 time .
3 track add to player 99 time . 11*(Number of track)^2 !!!

and the player can't play them !!!
Iggy64

Post by Iggy64 »

In response to sajjad.ir ----

Keep in mind that I was talking about the Export m3U and Play in Winamp script when I mentioned AIMP2.

I had tried that script without success in trying to use XMPlay. But it worked for AIMP2. All I did was change the line

WinampEXE = Chr(34)&"d:\Program Files\Winamp\Winamp.exe"&Chr(34)

to

WinampEXE = Chr(34)&"d:\Program Files\AIMP2\AIMP2.exe"&Chr(34).

That pointed the script to the AIMP2 executable instead of Winamp.

When I run the script (by choosing "Play in Winamp" from the context menu of selected tracks), it opens AIMP2, loads the tracks into a fresh playlist, and plays them. If I send another batch of tracks from MediaMonkey, it opens another fresh playlist in AIMP2 and begins playing them. The first playlist is still there; it has just been overridden by the new one.

I tried using "Enqueue in Winamp," but this did nothing.

So the behavior is not ideal by any means. But I have not tried to apply any switches within the Export m3U and Play in Winamp script. I know nothing about AIMP2 switches, and I only tried it as an experiment.

(p.s. I'd probably be more interested in AIMP2 if I could get it to play well. But all my tracks distort when I play them in AIMP2. They sound like they are severely clipping. I need time to investigate and see what's going on in there.)

HOWEVER -- Eyal's earlier reply concerning the External Tools script solved my original problem, which you have apparently encountered. I was getting the multiple listings (ABABAB, etc.) like you are. He showed how that is eliminated by closing MM and then re-opening -- without making any more changes to the input parameters. Now External Tools sends tracks to XMPlay just fine.
Wilbur

Post by Wilbur »

Great script

Could there be the option to have the external tools directly in the right click menu of selected files, instead of in a 'Tools' sub menu?

I only have 2 or 3 external tools, and it would be much faster if I could access them directly in the menu, without the need to expand the sub menu. I realize that I could edit the script to do this, but it would take me a extremely long time compared to people here (or you) who are familiar with the language.

Thanks!
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

But there is an External Tools icon on the main toolbar. With it you only need to click once (click+drag+release).
Sam M

Post by Sam M »

Can there be the option to pause the current track (if its playing) when a external tool is chosen?
Peke

Post by Peke »

You would need to Edit Script and Add "SDB.Player.Pause" line before calling external app.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Steegy

ExternalTools v1.4 test version

Post by Steegy »

Hello,

I just added a test version for ExternalTools v1.4: Installation Package ExternalTools14.mmip

CHANGES:
  • Some minor bug fixes
  • MM Installation Package support
  • Changed/added parameters: %O = full path, %P = directory/folder (without ending \), %F = file name ......... (this means you might have to change the existing parameters)
This version was only very briefly tested, on MM 4 Beta with VLC as "tool", but it should work on MM 3 also (and maybe even MM2).
Please let me know if there are any issues. This version also has some debug logging in it when you're using MM Debug version with DebugView (filter on ExternalTools).

BTW: On my computer with Windows 7 64bit I have no problems with adding lots of files (more than 200 and that's all I tried!) with long file names in VLC. So maybe the problem is older Windows, or some applications (not-VLC) that can't handle lots of files.

Cheers,
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Hi Steegy. Cannot install on MM3 (and WinXP) because installation don't know about {lsf} code.
Anyway I installed it manually, and it seem to work fine.

:~)